3 ~ swirling, spinning, spiralling

Me and Poppy arrived at school and went straight to the changing rooms. Today we got to play football all day with some of the England squad. We got changed and then went onto the field. We were the first ones there other than Mr Giles. We ran up to him. "Thank you for last night Sir." Poppy said.

"It's okay. If it will get you two to where i want you two to get then i wouldn't do anything else." He responded before the other girls came out. There were ten of us.

He got us to stand in a circle. "Some of you know why you're here. Some of you do not. you were picked because out of the twenty three players we have on our team, you guys show the most potential. I did not choose you. Today we are having three visitors and they chose you four weeks ago."  As he said that, i heard footsteps coming from behind me and i turned around to see which lionesses were here and it was Lucy, Leah and Mary.

The other girls turned to see what i was looking at and they erupted into excitement. Lucy was looking straight at me and then to Poppy. Leah and Mary also immediately looked at us too. They looked surprised to see us, it was clear they didn't get told we would be here. Lucy ran over to me and hugged me. "Hey kiddo."

"Hey Lucy." I responded back. Everyone was confused to how we knew each other because they all knew i was in foster care. I ignored all of the questions about us and so did Lucy.

After all of the excitement was over Leah started talking to us all. "Hey guys so today us three have the honour of working with you today and i want to make the most of it. Lucy is going to lead the warm up for you guys and then we'll see what we do after that."

Lucy started the warm up and Mary and Leah joined in. Leah stood between me and Poppy. "I'm excited to see you two play. Poppy your goal last night was incredible i don't think i could've done that."

"Thank you Leah but i think i only got it in out of anger." Poppy said. She is so humble.

"Pops just take the credit and stop being so humble." I told her and Leah and Poppy just started laughing.

After the warm up we started some shooting drills. Mary was in goal and we had to all try and score past her.

There were three people in front of me in the queue and none of them got it in. Mary saved two of them and the other hit the post.

It was now my turn and i was nervous. This was the first time Lucy was going to see me play knowing it is me. I made it look as if i was going to shoot bottom left but i actually went top right and Mary dived the wrong way. I felt arms hug me from behind and i knew it was Poppy. i put my hands over her arms and we did our little dance we do when one of us has scored. After Poppy let go of me, Mary came over to me and hugged me. "Well done. You are definitely your mothers daughter." She whispered in my ear and it made me smile. I went to go and sit in the stands with the others but Leah and Lucy stop me to hug me. Leah hugged me first. "You're so Lucy's daughter." She told me and it made me chuckle. "That's what Mary told me too."

Lucy then hugged me. "When i get you back, you're so getting into the U17." Lucys hug lasted longer than the other twos but i didn't care. People already knew we knew each other. I heard a cheer behind me and i looked and Poppy had also scored. I threw my arms up in the air. "GO POPS."

Mary hugged her too and then she came running over to me and we did our dance again before Leah and Lucy could hug her.

Me and Poppy were sat on the bench. "Look at us go Pops." I told her with a smile.

"Right we're so good." She told me back.

After everyone had a go it was break so everyone went to the cafeteria to get some food leaving me and Poppy. We were always known for sitting in the field at break. We were the only ones allowed. We went to the middle of the field and sat down. Soon after we were joined by three other people. "Why aren't you going with the rest of them?" Mary questioned.