11 ~ first match prep

It had been a few days since Monday. It's now Thursday and we have a match on Saturday against the U17 Arsenal team. Leah has told me that she's going to be there supporting me with her girlfriend Jordan who wasn't playing at the moment due to an injury, but she is allowed to start playing again in two weeks. I was excited and nervous to play. Tomorrow morning we're getting on the bus to go down to London as a team, me and Annabelle have already decided that we're sitting next to each other.

I was at training. Today we had it 10:00-17:00 because we have a match at the weekend.

I was warming up with Annabelle and we were talking about this weekend. "I'm nervous Scar. What if i mess up or something?"

"You're not going to mess up because you're an amazing player Anna. You're not going to screw up, you need to have faith in yourself." I reassured her. She was really nervous about Saturday because her whole family was coming to watch her play in her first big match and she didn't want to disappoint them.

"Thanks Scar. I'm glad i've got you." She told me and it felt nice hearing someone telling me that they're happy they know me.

"Any time Anna. Also you're still sleeping over tonight aren't you?" I asked her because i wanted to double check. Her parents weren't able to drop her off tomorrow morning so Lucy offered to take her.

"Yes i am and thank you for taking me tomorrow." She told me and i had to roll my eyes at her.

"Stop saying thank you for everything. We're best friends. We do things for each other that's what we do." I told her and she embraced me into a hug.

"I'm sorry. In school i was bullied and i've never actually had a proper friend before so i'm still trying to get used to it." She explained and i didn't say anything back. I just wrapped my arms around her back and i felt my stomach flutter. I've never had that feeling before. It was nice.

After we warmed up we got separated into groups. I was with Annabelle, Isla and Daisy. We were doing passing drills and it wasn't the most exciting thing in the world, but i still enjoyed it. Around 20 minutes into the activity, Gareth came over with my phone. "Scarlett your phone keeps ringing it must be important." He told me and handed me my phone. I looked at the screen and it said unknown number. I shrugged it off and walked away from the others as i answered it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"It's been a while Scarlett." The voice through the phone told me and it made me freeze. I knew exactly whose voice it was. It was my old foster dads. I didn't know what to do. I had completely frozen. It was like everything around me was moving in super speed, but i was stuck in the position i was in. "I heard you're in London for a match on Saturday. Can you guess who else might be going down to London on Saturday? Yes that's right. Me and Allison. We'll be in the stands waiting for you." He said and then i heard a beep saying he'd hung up.

My phone dropped out of my hand and i walked straight towards the changing room. When i got there i punched one of the lockers causing my knuckles to bleed. I then went over to the showers and sat in them. I didn't want any of my new teammates seeing me like this. My knees were tucked into my chest and my forehead was sat on them with my arms sealing the gap between my head and my knees. I could feel my breathing increase and i tried to focus on doing the methods my therapist taught me but they weren't working.

Annabelle's Pov
I watched Scar drop her phone on the floor before running off towards the changing room. I picked her phone up and it said that it was an unknown number. I got Lucy's number up and called it. "Hey Scar, what's up? Aren't you meant to be training?" Lucy answered.

"Lucy it's Annabelle. Scar got a call and she looked really spaced out after and she ran to the changing room." I explained to her.

"Oh hey Annabelle. Go to the changing rooms to find her. She might be having a panic attack. She'll probably be in the showers. She won't want anyone finding her. Sit with her and tell her to breathe. Hug her. Make her listen to your heart beat. It makes her calm down." Lucy told me and it worried me. I knew she has had a hard life or still has a hard life. You don't need to know her to figure that out. She has scars all over her arms that let you know, but i can't judge her for it, all i can do is help her get through it.