8 ~ Speedy

Scarlett's Pov
We were in the car on the way to the ManCity training grounds and my leg was bouncing up and down because I was anxious to meet everyone. Obviously I'd already talked to some of them and I knew I really got along with Georgia and Jill. I was excited though. I think.

When we got there we got out of the car and I held Lucy's hand straight away as some sort of safety blanket. We walked into the building and Lucy and Keira said hi to their coach and introduced me to him. "Gareth this is my daughter Scarlett and hopefully she'll be at the trials for the U17 team later in the summer."

He stuck his hand out for me to shake and I took it. "It's good to meet you Scarlett and maybe if you wanted you could join in today instead of just sitting on the side. Would you like that?" He asked me and my eyes lit up. I knew Lucy had packed my kit for me for after training because she wanted to play with me and Keira for a bit.

"I would love to thank you so much." I answered.

"We have some kit you can we..." Lucy cut him off.

"I have her kit in my bag, I was planning on kicking the ball around with her after training but I guess that won't be needed now." Lucy told him and then we went through to the changing rooms. I was in between Keira and Lucy but before we got changed Georgia came up to me and gave me a hug.

"It's been a while Scarlett." She told me and I agreed. After she let go of me, Lucy introduced me to everyone I didn't already know.

"This is my daughter Scarlett and Gareth said she can train with us today. Don't go easy on her though she definitely has my skills." Lucy announced to the whole changing room.

After everyone had said hi we went to get changed and I was really self conscious of what they would all think of my scars and marks. I had scars all over both of my arms and I had a huge scar across my back from when one of my foster dads dragged me across the floor after he'd beat me and there was a nail stuck out of the floor and it sawed through my skin so easily. I also had a few other scars on my back and I have a few scars on my legs and stomach as well.

I took my top off and I knew Lucy and Keira were both looking at me and I'd never wanted to shrivel up into a ball as much as I did then. I ignored it it though and just got changed as fast as I could. I put my thermal top on underneath my shirt like I always had despite the weather. Lucy looked at me with a look across her face. "Scar I don't want you to get heatstroke. It's 30 degrees outside. No one will judge you if you have only your shirt on. I promise you." She stuck out her pinky and I linked mine with it and then took my thermal top off. I walked out of the changing room with Georgia and Jill.

"How does it feel to be living with Lucy, Keira and Narla now?" Georgia asked me. She had her arm around me like she was my overprotective older sister.

"It's okay, but I think if Keira and Lucy knew how much effort it would've been then they wouldn't have me and Lucy would have pretended I was the wrong person." I answered.

"Don't think like that kid. Lucy has always talked about you for as long as I can remember and every year on your birthday she got a birthday cake for you and made everyone sing happy birthday to you. I can 100% guarantee that they wouldn't change this for the world." Jill reassured me and it made me happy on the inside.

When we got out to the field we warmed up by running a few laps and then doing some stretching and mobility exercises. I ran around the field with Georgia and Jill and they kept telling me to slow down. I suppose that from a young age I've always tried running away from people so I ended up becoming quite fast over time. "Okay speedy we can stop now." Jill joked and I laughed.

"You're just getting old Jill." I teased her and then she tackled me to the floor and then we both bursted out laughing before getting up and stretching and doing mobility exercises.