29 ~ Australia

Today was match day 2. We were playing Australia. The mess that had happened the other night was all sorted out now and i hadn't had another breakdown since.

Training had actually been going really well, me and Lauren had made our great connection on the pitch even better. She crosses to me and then i score 98% of the time.

The situation with my old foster parents had been sorted. The security had been given pictures of them and had been told to not let them in under any circumstance. Sarina told me that i'd be playing again in the second half.

The lioness line up was:
1. Ellie Roebuck (GK)
2. Lucy Bronze
3. Lotte Wubbon-Moy
4. Keira Walsh
5. Millie Bright
6. Leah Williamson (C)
7. Beth Mead
8. Georgia Stanway
9. Alessia Russo
10. Ella Toone
11. Lauren Hemp

The matildas line up was:
12. Teagan Micah (GK)
2. Courtney Nevin
4. Claire Polkinghorne
5. Cortnee Vine
7. Stephanie Catley
9. Caitlin Foord
16. Hayley Raso
19. Katrina Gorry
20. Sam Kerr (C)
22. Charlotte Grant
23. Kyra Cooney-Cross

I was getting subbed on for Alessia in the second half which i was happy about. I was still a bit nervous, but it was going to be fun.

I was sat on the sub bench next to Beth as the starting 11s walked out onto the pitch. Me and Beth had said that it was going to be a really tight game and we weren't sure who was going to come out on top.

Commentators
Australia is off to a good start
They're making it very hard for England to get the ball.

Raso crosses to Sam Kerr the captain of the Matildas who manages to volley into the back of the net. No one would've been able to save that.

Australia are up 1-0 in the first ten minutes of the game and the possession right now is 80% to the Matildas. Do you think this is going to frustrate the Lionesses considering they're on such a good winning streak at the moment. I mean they have not lost under Sarina Wiegmen is this going to be their first?

I feel like they're going to be pushing more now after Kerr scored that goal because they don't want to lose that streak i mean it's a record.

Walsh passes to Stanway who crosses the ball to Mead who gets it in the back of the net at 44 minutes and 49 seconds getting the equaliser for England.

When Beth scored the equaliser i jumped up and down and hugged Beth who was next to me on the bench. We then went in for half time. I hugged Beth and congratulated her on her goal.

When we went back out Beth England got subbed on and Mead got subbed off, everything else stayed the same.

It was pretty intense. I was so invested in the game that i didn't notice Sarina calling me over until Beth tapped me on the leg. "Go and start warming up, i'm going to sub you on for Russo at 65 minutes." She told me and i was so excited to play.

After i'd finished warming up, i stood by the person with the board and waited to be subbed on.

When i got subbed on and Lessi got subbed off, she gave me a hug. "You're gonna smash it." She told me and it put a smile on my face.

Scarlett Bronze is being subbed on for Alessia Russo. Do you think this is a smart move that Sarina has made?

Yes i do because as we saw on Friday, Bronze likes to score goals and succeeds in doing so and she's a new player, so no one knows what to expect from her, which causes her oppositions to struggle.

Lucy Bronze has just sent the ball to Scarlett Bronze who passes it down the line to Hemp who gets it into the back of the net.

Scarlett Bronze has an assist and hasn't even been in the pitch 60 seconds.