21 ~ Results day

Scarlett's Pov
I woke up with a pit of nervousness in my stomach. I grabbed my phone and the time was 6:30. I needed to get ready.

I got out of bed and went into my bathroom to have a shower and get changed.

This was my outfit

This was my outfit. Quite basic and comfortable. I then went downstairs and Mum and Mam were already down there eating their breakfast. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and then poured my milk on it and sat next to mum.

"How are you feeling babygirl?" She asked me and i gave her a look that told her 'how do you think i feel'.

"I'm nervous and i think i've failed everything and then if i have then i'm going to have to do something else and i won't be able to play with the senior team." I rambled and i opened my mouth to say more, but mam reached across the table and put her hand on mine.

"Babygirl you are going to have smashed it. Trust me." She told me and i smiled at her.

~~~

We were ten minutes away from arriving at my old school and i felt like i was going to be sick. Did i need academic validation? Yes i did. I really really did. I've always had good grades and it's so much pressure to keep them up after going through everything i've been through. "Mum you need to pull over im going to be sick." I stated and then i gagged. She pulled over immediately and i practically jumped out of the car and threw up on the side of the road. I felt mums hand on my back and it made me think back to the time when i was throwing up in the school bathroom because i got told i had to see my foster parents.

Thinking about the fact i might see them again made me throw up again and again and again before i broke down in tears. Both mum and mam were rubbing my back and i collapsed into mams arms. "What if i see them again? I don't want to see them again." I cried and mam held me tight and mum kissed me on my head and still had her hand on my back.

"Baby girl me and your mum are with you. We aren't going to let anything happen to you." Mam told me and then kissed my head.

After a few moments of them calming me down, they swapped over who was driving and mum sat in the back of the car with me. She had her hand on my leg to stop it from shaking and it also calmed my nerves.

We arrived to school and we got out of the car. I was in between mum and mam holding both of their hands. I was trying to find Poppy. We said we'd meet each other outside.

I felt arms wrap around me from behind and i turned around and it was Poppy. I hugged her back tightly. "I missed you so much Pops." I whispered into the crook of her neck.

"I missed you too Lotts" She told me back and then released me from the hug. I then saw her parents behind her and hugged them too.

We then had to make our way into the hall where we were getting out results. Me and Pops held hands, walking in front of our parents who were walking together. We got to the desk and told them our names, they then handed us both an envelope and we walked outside.