33. Truth

Tomorrow I am going to marry Carlos, everyone was happy when they heard that I am marrying Carlos even my aunt was ecstatic. Since I came back she is treating me as I am fragile piece of glass. In other case I would love the attention from her but with everything going on I don't know what to do and what to think.

Tomorrow is the start of new beginning and I am still unsure what to do. Is love suppose to be like that, I didn't knew that loving someone result in so much pain. If I knew loving Aaron would brought me to this state I wouldn't have fallen for him but it's not like we have control over love. Being heartbroken taught me one thing how it is to be not loved back by the person you love the most that's why I said yes to marry Carlos, he loved me since we were kids and now I know how he must have felt when I ran away and didn't reciprocate back his feelings.

I can't promise that I will love him back but I will try my best to forget Aaron. This is the harsh reality not everything goes as you want. I looked at the beautiful white dress that was hanged in my closet. My aunt chose that dress for me and no doubt it is the most beautiful dress I have seen bit I can't seem to love it. A knock came on the door.

"Alzena it's me Rachel" she said. I haven't met her since I came back. I don't know why guy I don't want to face her. Somehow I feel she is also responsible for all of this, I shouldn't have accepted my feelings. She made me accept my feelings.

"Can I come in?" She requested.

"Come in" I said after a long pause.

She came inside and sat in front of me on the bed.

"Alzena I came here today as a mother, my both sons love you and I don't know whom I should support." She said in a defeated tone.

"Don't worry only one of your son actually loves me the other one was just making fool of me" I gritted in anger.

"Do you really believe that?" She looked at me like I am crazy.

"Do you think all of what you saw was a lie? All his care for you? All his actions? Everything? Can someone fake it to that extent? Do you really think so?" She asked me.

"Please Rachel if you don't have anything else to say please leave" I said standing up from the bed.

"Alzena do you know I have reconciled with my son and my husband after so long because of you" she looked at me with adoration.

"Well congratulations then" I said.

"Alzena listen to me Aaron didn't do anything" she said.

"Rachel I told you I don't want to talk about.." she cuts me off and jerked me towards her by holding my shoulders.

"No you listen to me"  she said in a stern tone.

"That day Aaron was going to purpose you infront of everyone, he was planning it for days. The place from where he bought the ring was the place where Carol's friend worked. She showed her the pic of the ring telling her that Aaron bought it and Carol twisted mind thought that he bought it for her. She was always infatuated with him but he always considered  her as a friend and he didn't know that she has feelings for him. That day when Carol came to knew that ring is for you she wanted destroyed that moment for you two and told you some bullshit and you believed her. I didn't know your trust in him was so weak" she said in anger.

"I ... I asked him.. that if he loves me and .." I stuttered.

"And did he said no?" She asked me and I shook my head with tears running down my cheeks.

"When he didn't said anything I ran away from him.. I thought he don't love me and ...oh God what did I do" I put my hands on face hiding my face. I sat on the bed and I felt Rachel sat beside me.

"Haven't you ever seen love in his eyes for you?" She asked me and I removed my hands away from my face looking at her.

"Rachel I was blinded with jealousy and anger, I hurt him. I said so many crude words to him" I told her and she hugged me.

"It's okay, don't cry. You are the only person my son has ever loved.  Before you he even didn't believed I love,  he thought that love makes you weak because he has always seen his mum crying. He was scared to fall in love with you, he tried to push you away in the beginning but you made your place in his heart quite easily and then you were everything for him" she said.

"You can make everything right Alzena" she said softly.

"How?? If I don't marry Carlos tomorrow he would be hurt and if I marry him I will hurt Aaron, what do I do" I cried.

"Ask your heart what does it want" she said and stood up

"Make the best decision for all three of you. Choose what your heart tells you to" she said and went towards the door.

"And Alzena, I promise you I will deal with that Carol for you in my way" she said in a very dangerous tone and for a tiny moment I felt bad for carol because she is going to face the wrath of a mother.

"What do I do now?" I asked myself staring at my wedding dress.