Chapter 4

Terezi's POV

I woke up and thought of the night before. Karkat had gotten really mad at me for hitting him with my walking stick and he had started ranting about shit and I kind of just zoned out after a while. I got up and thought about what to do for the day. I walked over to my computer and decided to troll Karkat.

gallowsCalibrator [ GC ] began trolling carcinoGenesist [ CG ]

GC: H3Y K4RKL3S. WH4T 4R3 YOU UP TO?

CG: WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING ME

GC: B3C4US3 1'M BOR3D

CG: CANT YOU DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN TROLL ME

CG: YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT I HAVE A BRUISE FROM YOU HITTING ME LAST NIGHT WITH YOUR STICK

GC: H3H3H3. SORRY K4RKL3S >: [

CG: YEAH. SURE YOU'RE SORRY

GC: W3LL 4NYW4Y, C4N W3 DO SOM3TH1NG TOD4Y?

CG: YEAH. I GUESS

CG: BUT DON'T EVEN SUGGEST PLAYING THAT JUSTICE GAME

CG: I NEVER WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME AGAIN

GC: OK4Y BUT C4N W3 ST1LL H4NG OUT?

CG: SURE

GC: >: ]

-- gallowsCalibrator [ GC ] ceased trolling carcinoGenesist [ CG ]

--

A little while later, we met up at the park. We sat down on one of the benches and lounged in an awkward silence. We got sick of that pretty quickly, so we resorted to walking around. The only sounds were my walking stick clacking on the ground and the wind rustling the leaves in the trees. We walked like that for a while until Karkat did something very surprising. Of course almost everything comes as a surprise to me but I mean this was more of a surprise as in wow-that-was-so-un-Karkat-like. I guess I'll just go ahead and say what he did how 'bout that ? We were walking along in silence when Karkat grabbed my hand. I jumped a little because Karkat never does anything like that. Of course I jumped a little. Not only could I not see but it was also something that he never does. He noticed my little jump.

"SORRY," He muttered and let go of my hand. I could smell his blush. It smelled like candy apple and it was the best smell in the world. I wanted him to hold my hand again. I kept thinking about grabbing his hand, but I was hesitating. I missed my chance because the next thing I knew, we were standing at my door.

"BYE TEREZI," Karkat said, blushing a little more.

"BY3 K4RKL3S." I hugged him, then went inside. I heard him walk away and the candy red scent faded.