Chapter 5

Karkat's POV

I walked through the door to my hive and sighed as I sat on my couch. Why had I been such an idiot ? Of course I just had to try and hold her hand, scaring her to death. I felt like a complete dumb ass. I should've thought that through. I mean, it was really just one of those spur-of-the-moment type things. My thinkpan was just like,"oh hey, you should hold her hand, I mean, you want to" and then the other half was like, "yeah ! That sounds like a great idea !" And I grabbed her hand. I won't lie to myself because I do have flushed feelings for her, but I don't need to be rash about it. Yeah. I have flushed feelings for Terezi. Why had I kept lying to myself ? I tried to keep it a secret, thinking that if I kept doubting myself, then those feelings would go away, but they only got stronger and stronger each time we hung out. I tried to treat her like I do to everyone else, but it was really hard to be hostile towards her. I had tried to act how I wanted around her, but the gesture had scared her. Since I had no idea what to do, I fell asleep, deciding I would revisit the topic tomorrow.

---

Terezi's POV

I sat in my pile of scalemates, trying to figure out the complicated structure that was Karkat's thinkpan. He had attempted to hold my hand. Karkat had attempted to hold my hand. Karkat. Was it just an accident ? Were we just walking and his hand accidentally ran into mine ? He has never hinted that he has flushed feelings for me. Or even that he liked me more than the others. Did he actually have feelings for me ? This was all so confusing. Karkat never really tells anyone about his feelings, he just keeps them all locked up inside him. I wanted to know what he was thinking or what he thought about me. I figured that I could go and figure it out tomorrow. I came up with a plan that I would go over to his hive tomorrow and we could hang out. Then maybe I would be able to figure everything out. Yeah. That's what I'll do. I fell asleep, letting my thinkpan think about less confusing topics.