Chapter 7

Terezi's POV

Have you ever gone over to someone's hive to sleep ? Have you ever woken up there, and had a little heart attack because you forgot you were there ? Well it's even scarier when you're blind. Of course, I got an even bigger scare because I was laying on top of the troll that lived there. I jumped probably two inches in the air. My first thought was, "This doesn't smell like my hive." My second thought was, "Everything smells like Karkat." And then I realized that I was laying on top of him, and that's when I jumped, waking Karkat up in the process. He opened his eyes and spoke in his morning voice, which makes him sound grumpier than usual. It was kind of cute, I have to admit.

"YOU OKAY ?"

"Y34H. WHY WOULDN'T 1 B3 ?"

"I WAS JUST WONDERING BECAUSE YOU ALMOST KNOCKED ALL THE AIR OUT OF ME WHEN YOU JUMPED."

"H3H3H3. OOPS. SORRY K4RKL3S."

"YEAH, SURE."

"1 N33D TO G3T B4CK TO MY H1V3 B3FOR3 MY LUSUS R34L1Z3S 1'M GON3"

"DO YOU WANT TO HANG OUT LATER ?"

I smiled. "Y34H. 1'LL COM3 OV3R 4ND W3 C4N DO SOM3THI1NG."

"OKAY."

I got off of him and felt around for my walking stick, and Karkat handed me my glasses, which had fallen off while I was asleep. Once I had all of my belongings, I headed towards his door.

"BY3 K4RKL3S."

"SEE YOU LATER, TEREZI"

I walked to my hive and anticipated meeting up with Karkat later.

- - -

Karkat's POV

A few hours later, Terezi decided that we would meet up at the park, then figure out what to do. I headed over to the park and sat on one of the benches until she showed up. Not long after I arrived there, she found me and sat down.

"H1 K4RKL3S."

"HEY TEREZI"

"C4N W3 W4LK 4ROUND 4 B1T ?"

"SURE."

We stood up and walked around the small park for about an hour, chatting about our plans for the evening. We settled on going to my hive again and watching another movie. Once we arrived, we picked out a good one and settled on the couch. I started it, taking my normal "movie-watching-position" where I bring my knees up to my chest and hug them there until it gets uncomfortable, then I sit like a normal person would. I made sure I had a good supply of tissues around, because, if I remember correctly, this was a pretty sad one.

Let's see what Terezi's thinking, because we're clearly not going to get much out of him for a little while

I could tell that Karkat was sitting in his "watching-a-sad-movie-and-I'll-probably-start-crying" position, and I could smell that he had a box of tissues on the other side of him. He's so adorable. But however cute he was being right now, he was still glued to his movie playing machine, and I doubt I would get any response from him until it was over. I tried to listen to what was going on, but I don't listen movies very often, and I have to say, I'm pretty bad at it. I laid my head on his shoulder during a part that I guessed wasn't too very important, and he finally put down his legs and draped his arm around my shoulders. This is how we had sat the night before, and it felt good to have him next to me, and it was nice to know how he felt about me. There's not much more I could ask for. I had dreamed that he would tell me that he had these types of feelings for me, but I always shot them down. I would think, "Seriously ? Are you kidding yourself ? What are the odds that that would ever happen ?" Apparently, as high as Gamzee after he had been drinking Faygo and eating sopor pies all day. So basically, pretty damn high.