Chapter 8

Karkat's POV

We had watched about 3/4 of the movie. Terezi's head was on my shoulder and a really sad part was coming up. I grabbed the box of tissues and pulled one out, just in case. Terezi sat up and poked me.

"YOUR SHOULD3R 1S SO BONY H3H3H3."

"I DON'T THINK SHOULDERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE COMFORTABLE, TEREZI."

"1 KNOW, BUT YOURS S33MS 3XTR4 BONY."

"I THINK IT'S LIKE EVERYONE ELSE'S SHOULDER. IT'S JUST BONY BECAUSE THERE'S A BONE THERE."

"OH K4RKL3S. YOU'R3 SO L1T3R4L ABOUT 3V3RYTH1NG. H3H3H3."

I sighed.

"WELL THEN HERE, IF IT BOTHERS YOU THAT MY SHOULDER HAS BONES IN IT, THEN LAY ON THIS."

I placed a pillow on my lap so she could lay down and not have to complain about the boniness of my legs. I got her to lay down, and then I looked back to the screen, just in time to catch the saddest part of the movie. I started tearing up and grabbed a tissue. Terezi started cackling softly, which I guess was her version of giggling.

"WHAT ?"

"YOU'R3 SO CUT3, K4RK4T. YOU W4TCH S4D ROM4NT1C COM3D13S AND TH3N CRY L1K3 4 L1TTL3 GRUB. 1T'S 4DOR4BL3."

"I AM *NOT* ADORABLE."

"Y3S YOU 4R3."

"NO I'M NOT."

"K4RK4T, SHUT UP 4ND W4TCH YOUR S4D ROMCOM."

"I'M NOT ADORABLE," I muttered one last time.

"MMHMMM"

I looked back to the movie playing machine and continued to watch the movie. By the time it was over, Terezi had fallen asleep. I softly shook her awake. She opened her eyes and sat back up.

"4R3 YOU DON3 W1TH YOUR D3PR3SS1NG ROM4NT1C COM3DY ?"

"NO. I'M DONE WITH THE REALLY GOOD ROMANTIC COMEDY I WAS WATCHING."

"1 DON'T KNOW. 1T S33M3D PR3TTY D3PR3SS1NG."

"IT WASN'T DEPRESSING."

"W3LL YOU W3R3 CRY1NG, BUT 1 GU3SS 1 DON'T KNOW MUCH 4BOUT MOV13S," She said sarcastically.

"WHATEVER. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO DO ? IT'S STILL PRETTY EARLY."

"C4N W3 ROL3PL4Y W1TH MY SC4L3M4T3S ?"

I squinted my eyes in suspicion. "WILL I BE BEATEN WITH YOUR CANE THIS TIME ?"

"HMMM. 1 GU3SS YOU C4N B3 TH3 W1TN3SS."

"WILL I BE BEATEN WITH A STICK, THOUGH ?"

"NO. UNL3SS YOU 4R3 MURD3R3D BY TH3 R3PR3H3NS1BL3 F3LON."

I felt okay with that because the rep-whatever felon was a stuffed toy that couldn't do a single fucking thing but sit there on it's stuffed ass.

"OKAY. BUT DON'T EVEN COME NEAR ME WITH THAT STICK, PYROPE !"

"H3H3H3. OK4Y, K4RKL3S."

We headed over to her hive, and it was still pretty dark outside. When we got there, she immediately started setting things up. She had me sit in the background a bit, as I was supposed to act as a key witness. She stared at the scalemate she was prosecuting. This went on for a minute or so, then she slapped it. Enough to sting, but not enough to bruise. I'm so glad I'm not the one being prosecuted this time. She brought the scalemate up to her nose and sniffed.

"YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD G3T 4W4Y, BUT 1 C4N SM3LL YOUR D1SGUST1NG D3C31T."

She stared at it again.

"MR. V4NT4S, PL34S3 COM3 TO TH3 W1TNESS' ST4ND."

I walked up to the spot she told me to stand on, and poked her to let her know I was there.

"MR.V4NT4S, D1D YOU S33 TH3 S3N4TOR COMM1T TH3 GU1LTY CR1M3 ?"

"YES. I SAW HIM IN ACTION. THE LITTLE FUCKER WAS-"

"Y3S 1 4M QU1T3 4W4R3 OF WH4T H3 H4S DON3. TH4NK YOU M1ST3R V4NT4S. YOU M4Y S1T B4CK DOWN."

I walked away from the witness' stand and sat back down to watch the rest of the case. Terezi really knew all about this law shit. It was pretty fucking amazing.

"MR. S3N4TOR, 4FT3R C4LL1NG UP TH3 W1TN3SS, 4ND TH3 3V1D3NC3 TH4T W4S COLL3CT3D DUR1NG TH3 1NT3RROG4T1ON, 4LONG W1TH FL1PP1NG TH3 CO1N OF JUST1C3, 1T H4S B33N DEC1D3D TH4T YOU 4R3 GU1LTY 4ND W1LL B3 PUN1SH3D 4T ONC3."

She grabbed a bit of rope, and that's all I want to say on the matter.

After sentencing the Senator, she turned back to me. I'm pretty sure I had a horrified look on my face, because sentencing is *not* something you want to witness.

"S33 K4RK4T, TH3R3 W4SN'T 4 S1NGL3 ST1CK TH4T C4M3 N34R YOU."

"I GUESS," I said, still horrified.

"1S SOM3TH1NG WRONG, K4RKL3S ?"

"IT'S JUST CREEPY HOW YOU HANG YOUR SCALEMATES FROM YOUR TREE HIVE."

"W3LL TH4T'S WH4T TH3Y G3T FOR COMM1T1NG SUCH T3RR1BL3 4CTS OF 1NJUST1C3."

"I GUESS."

"H3H3H3. K4RKL3S, YOU'R3 SO CUT3."

"NO I'M NOT."

And so on.

- - -

There's a longer update for y'all. I hope you enjoyed it ! I won't tell you to vote, comment, follow, spin in a circle, do a fucking majestic pirouette, bark like a dog, do 10 push-ups, do a handstand, jump in the air, do the worm on the floor, high-five a plant, or any of that nonsense because 1) that's obnoxious, and 2) you can do whatever the fuck you want (I need to work on my people skills). Anyway, I'm going to try and update as much as possible, whether that means every day, every other day, every week, every other week, every month, every other month, and so on because you are all at the mercy of me MWHAHA. Okay, sorry. I kind of did a Hussie there hon hon hon (more laughing in French). Anyway, my plan is to update at least once a week. And shank you to those who have been commenting and voting, it makes me feel good and it makes me want to write more xD. Well, I'm rambling now, but shank you for reading ! (I meant shank in the polite way, so don't freak out or anything (o: hOnK).

~Lauren ( :B