Chapter 15

Karkat's POV

I woke up, eyes already adjusted to the darkness. I hadn't even realized i had fallen asleep. I got up and stretched, hearing my joints pop and feeling my muscles loosen. I didn't really know what to do. Now that the humans were here, I felt like i would just be intruding and crushing everyone's happiness with all of my negativity. Sure, I had been an absolute ass before, but now, I had not a single positive thing left inside of me. I was tired of this dark room, though. I could still go outside without having to be around the others, right ?

I could hear everyone's voices from inside one of the rooms, so I made a note to avoid that one in particular. I found a lovely little room with nothing/no one in it. Also, it wasn't as dark as the other one. I sat down and tried to think of something other than my shitty life, but I couldn't. It just seemed to follow me everywhere. I heard footsteps walking down the hallway. My heart started to beat faster in my panic. I didn't want to be found. If someone found me, I would be forced to be around everyone else, and the would mean having to be around Terezi. There's no way I could do that. The footsteps passed by the room and I let out a small sigh of relief. I sat in the silence that I had become accustomed to and relaxed against the wall I was leaning against. The footsteps came back, this time, the sound of creaking hinges joining in. I heard another pair of footsteps and a voice.

"Have you found him yet ?"

"No. Help me look through these rooms."

"Okay."

I didn't recognize the voices, which led me to believe that they were from the humans. I really hoped they were looking for Gamzee. I heard more doors opening and more footsteps. Please don't open this door. I don't want to see all the troll/human sloppy makeouts. I don't want to see  Terezi and Dave laughing together like I never existed. I don't want to see any of it. I want to stay in this room forever. I don't care if I go insane and start carving random words into the walls whilst my hair reaches down to the floor. I don't care. I don't want to go out there with them. But it doesn't matter what I want, the door will open anyway.

"Hey Rose, I found him." The Dave douchebag called.

"Finally," the Rose Human walked in behind Dave. "Karkat, we've been searching all over for you, what are you doing in here." I didn't answer. "Karkat. Don't you want to hang out with us ? This is all we have right now. Everyone else is either dead or on a ship." I shrugged in response. But it was such a slight move of my shoulders, that even I barely noticed. One of the humans sighed. I think it was Rose, but I didn't feel like looking up at them. Couldn't they get the message that I don't want them here ? I was being pulled up, and soon, I was standing. I glared up at Dave. Damn. Why did I have to be so short ? They pulled me to the room where I heard voices coming from earlier. Sollux and Kanaya looked worriedly at me, but Terezi didn't even move her head. I sat down in the corner, as far away from everyone as I possibly could. 

"Aradia's out looking for Gamzee," Dave said. I didn't respond. I just sat there, trying to control myself, but it was a one sided battle, and I was failing miserably. I was trying to bunch through a thick, brick wall, but I was the only one that was damaged.

- - -

> Author's Note

Hello my beautiful brotatoes. How are y'all today ? I should be doing homework right now, but I DON'T WANNA. Anyway, I'm sorry if I am killing y'all right now, but honestly, this wasn't going anywhere so I had to change something. With this situation, I'll be able to actually write something that isn't shit and actually get somewhere with it. Yeah yeah, I know it was unexpected but it was either this, or more crap like "let's walk pointlessly through the park hurr de durr." So yeah. I really hope y'all like this and I'm sorry if I did a bad thing, but please, just go with it, yeah ? Okee cool. Please continue your day ^u^.

~Laurenbob .-.