Chapter 13

> Author's Note

Hold your punches please and hear me out. I know I haven't updated in a month, and I am terribly sorry about that. I've gotten really busy with having to go to precamp and band camp, which took two weeks, plus summer reading and not to mention that school already started _-_. I feel bad about not updating in such a long time, but I'm a busy person at the moment. Luckily today I had next to nothing going on, as it is the weekend now yay, so I am giving you another chapter for the story. I'm sorry if it sucks, but just roll with it, yeah ? Good. Now you may begin.

- - -

Karkat's POV

I woke up to the sound of the-oh-so-familiar trollian tone going off on my computer. With a groan, I climbed out of my recuperacoon and walked over to bright screen to see who was bothering me and if they had a good reason to. They did not. "They" being Sollux. He was bugging me about Terezi, clearly having noticed what was going on with us when we saw him yesterday. I read through the messages.

twinArmageddons [TA] began trolling carcinoGeneticist [CG]

TA: hey kk
TA: kk
TA: youre 2leepiing arent you
TA: kk get your lazy a22 out of bed
TA: kk
TA: kk an2wer
TA: we need two talk
CG: JEGUS WOULD YOU SHUT UP ALREADY ?
CG: WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE SO DAMN IMPORTANT THAT I HAVE TO FUCKING WAKE UP TO THE SHITTY SOUND OF TROLLIAN GOING OFF OVER AND OVER AGAIN ? !
CG: I WAS PEACEFULLY SLEEPING AND THEN THE FUCKING SOUND GOES OFF TELLING ME THAT SOME DOUCHE BAG WANTS TO TALK TO ME.
CG: SO ASSHOLE, WHAT COULD BE *SO* FUCKING IMPORTANT THAT YOU WOULD DO ALL OF THIS AND MAKE MY MORNING EVEN SHITTIER ?
CG: I AM DYING TO KNOW.
CG: I MEAN, I'M ALREADY WIDE AWAKE SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT.
CG: UNLESS YOU JUST WANTED TO PISS ME OFF, WHICH, IF YOU WERE, THEN CONGRATULATIONS, ASSHOLE, YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND THEREFORE THIS SHITTY AWARD, WHICH HAS BEEN NAMED APPROPRIATELY AS "FUCK YOU AND FUCK OFF", HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO YOU.
CG: SO HERE, TAKE YOUR INCREDIBLY SHITTY AWARD, CAPTOR.
TA: je2u2 kk ii wouldve told you what ii wanted you diidnt need two rant 2o much
CG: WELL TELL ME.
CG: I THINK YOU'VE PISSED ME OFF ENOUGH ALREADY
TA: calm down kk
TA: ii ju2t wanted two know what2 goiing on wiith you and tz you guy2 were actiing weiird when ii 2aw you at the park
TA: ii2 2omethiing goiing on between you guy2 are you mate2priit2
CG: WHY DO YOU FUCKING CARE ?
TA: ii wa2 ju2t wonderiing 2o are you goiing two an2wer me
CG: FINE.
CG: YES TEREZI AND I ARE MATESPRITS.
TA: wow ii never thought youd ever get one of tho2e kk
CG: FUCK YOU SOLLUX.
TA: no no youre 2uppo2ed two do that wiith tz
CG: CAPTOR DON'T EVEN GO THERE.
TA: eheheh

- - - carcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased trolling twinArmageddons [TA] 

I sighed as I pushed away from my desk. Sometimes Sollux could be so annoying. Why does he care if Terezi and I are matesprits ? And why the fuck would he wake me up just to ask about it ? ! I figured I could still get some more sleep even though I'm already up. Sleep is always an option in my opinion. Besides, I don't feel like changing my clothes. I climbed back into my recuperacoon and fell asleep yet again.

- - -

> Author's Note (Please Read I Have An Important Story Buried In Here)

Oh well would you look at that. Another author's note. Okay whatever, yeah there's another one, get over it. I am very sorry at how incredibly pointless this update was, but hey, at least y'all finally got your update you've been wanting and waiting for. Yes, I realize that this was literally just a long-ass conversation between Sollux and Karkat, but it seemed like it fit it with everything that was going on. I also figured Sollux would be like "eheheh ii bet theyre mate2priit2. iim goiing two pii22 kk off and then make fun of hiim for actually gettiing a mate2priit." I don't know. Sollux can sometimes be an annoying asshole, so... might be just me thinking this.... *clears throat awkwardly* anywayyy. I hope you somewhat enjoyed this chapter that is so incredibly shitty you might just end up crying. I'll probably only be able to update on weekends thanks to school. Please just go with it, k ? 

On a different topic, today at lunch, I saw this guy wearing a Dave shirt with a red jacket and I was like "Oh mah Lord. There are actually other Homestuck fans ? !" and so I decided to stop being so socially awkward because this is HOMESTUCK we're talking about here, and I went up to him and tapped his shoulder. He spun around and looked at me in a very confused way and I actually talked without screwing up my words. I said, "Bro, your shirt is so fabulous." he smiled and looked at my lanyard hanging around my neck and found the Homestuck pin on it and we high-fived. Much to the annoyance of my non-Homestuck friends, I started fangirling over Homestuck. About halfway through lunch, we're allowed to go outside, so on our way out, I told the guy to buy a bottle of apple juice and carry it around all day and we had like a whole conversation (only about 4 minutes) about Homestuck clothes. I was literally going to wear a Rose shirt today but then I though, "No one's going to get it." So I ended up just wearing a normal shirt but..... I'm rambling oops. 

But anyway, there's hardly anyone at my school who reads Homestuck so finding this random guy was just like "Maybe there is hope yet for my school". Anyway..... Thanks for reading this slowly progressing story and thanks for all of the feedback.

~LaurenBob (you didn't think I forgot about this, did you ? .-.)