Chapter 16

> Author's Note

Hello my Brotatoes ! I have finally gotten around to updating ^u^. Anyway, (just some news before I begin) my trumpet lessons begin Monday (:D), I started playing Undertale, Marching/Guard season is over, and I will have more time to update now ! The hard part is actually getting around to writing and also coming up with ideas because I'm bad at that part. It takes me a while to come up with something good, in fact, I'm not quite sure how this story is going to come out, but I promise to make it as good as possible and hopefully not deliver a shit ending ^u^. But I'm holding y'all up, so, without further ado, here is chapter 16 !

Karkat's POV

Dave sat against a wall with Terezi by his side and his "cool dude" shades on. I don't see how they serve any purpose because we're inside. The only purpose I see them having is making him look like a huge douche. And of course Terezi looks like she's having the time of her life sitting next to him. I'm fine with her being happy. I want her the be happy. I just wish she could be happy with me. Yeah yeah, I'm jealous of a pathetic douchebag. But that pathetic douchebag somehow ended up with my flushed crush and it's making feel like the tiniest speck of dust; just chilling out, feeling unwanted, undesired, useless... but I need to stop. I have to stop feeling so goddamned depressed because it's certainly not helping my sad state. But how can I ? with these two fawning over each other, I don't see any way out of this endless void. Everyone's over here, talking happily to one another, but here I am sitting in a corner and drowning in my thoughts. I slipped off without anyone noticing. I didn't pay any attention to where I came to hide or how I got there, but I was away from everyone else and I didn't have to look at Dave and Terezi. I drifted off to sleep, which brought painlessness and a dream I don't remember.

- - -

I woke up to see the Rose Human sitting cross-legged in front of me. It gave me a bit of a start.

"What are you doing here ?" I grumbled to her.

She sighed. "Karkat, I have noticed that you've been feeling down recently, and I was wondering if there was anything I can lend you a hand with, or if you would like to talk to me and get some of these dark matters out of you."

"No, I don't need your help." I scowled at her.

"Karkat, it's not going to help you one bit by keeping everything locked up inside of you. I'm really not trying to pry, but I also want help." She stared at me, waiting for my response.

I took a deep breath and let it out with a sigh. "Okay, fine," I gave in, seeing as it probably would help. She shifted to get more comfortable. "Before the game, Terezi and I were very close 'friends', as you call it, but then we became matesprits. That soon fell apart bit-by-bit as time went on and the game came into our lives. During the game, we got to the point where we weren't even considered matesprits anymore; we kinda just went back to being 'close friends' again, but that quickly escalated to a bunch of awkwardness and we drifted apart to the point where we didn't talk all that much to each other. It didn't help that I was an asshole to everyone and was always ranting and being rude. Even so, I treated everyone else as if they were the assholes. I was a shit leader and led most of my friends to death's doorstep, yet I still acted like a brave, confident, asshole leader, which caused even more business for death. And now, seeing her hang all over Dave, it kills me. I already feel shitty because of how much I have fucked up, and now I have that on top of it all. I feel like I'm living in a void of darkness and I can't escape because it's too much. I just... I don't know what to do. And for some reason, I isolate myself even though these are times when I need a friend the most." I lest out another breath. I have to say, she's quite a good listener. She just sat there and soaked up every word that flowed out of me and nodded every now and then to let me know that she was listening.

"Well, and I know this sounds absolutely idiotic, but I think the best thing to do is to be around the people that are here and at least try to have fun. If you really need to, though, don't feel as though you can't have some alone time. I promise you that everything will turn out okay because everything will fix itself. It may not turn out perfect, but it will get better."

"Thanks. That actually helped a lot."

"It's no problem, and I'm glad I was able to help you." She then stood up and exited the room. I was left alone, yet again, but this time I was thinking about a certain bloodthirsty clown. Where did Gamzee go anyway ?

> Author's Note 2

Well, there you have it. I hope you enjoyed it and thank y'all so so much for reading this and giving me feedback, and such. It makes me feel good knowing that people are reading and enjoying this :D. Anyway, have a good rest of your day !

~Laurenbob .-.