The First day

⚠️TW: mention of self h@rm⚠️

The next day I wake up, forgetting I have a different lifestyle now. But this won't last long I'm sure, if I'm being quite honest I feel more miserable. I just need to let the pain go away, unfortunately though I couldn't bring my box cutter during the trip because of the rules at the airport. No matter, I can just buy one here, I saw the village and it's shops in the middle of town on the way here. Maybe they'll have what I'm looking for.

I got up and went into the bathroom in my room to take a shower. The bathtub was inside the shower, extra fancy.

(For those who don't know what that looks like)

I finished showering, brushed my teeth, and went to my closet, it was kind of big. They really outdid themselves, a little too much though. I saw the clothes and nightgowns they had given me, these clothes look ancient, like from the 19th century. I think. I'm sticking with my normal clothes, I pick my outfit and start getting dressed.

After I got dressed I was about to step out of my room until I saw a guard in front of my door turn to me

"Good morning your majesty, I'm Felix your personal guard." Your majesty? Personal guard? I think they're trying a bit too hard. "You don't need to call me majesty, just call me Y/N, and why do I need a guard? I'm fully capable of taking care of myself" I stated. "I'm sure you can protect yourself from humans like yourself, but not from thirsty vampires like me." Felix said, he did have a point.

"What's taking so long? The Kings are wondering where the Queen is at?" Jane said from behind. Queen?! What the hell? "Sorry Jane, I was just waiting for her to finish getting ready. Your majesty, the Kings are waiting for you in the dining room for breakfast. Follow me." Felix said before walking off, I quickly start following him.

We soon get to the room. Felix opens the door and let's me walk in first with him following standing by the door now. "Buon Giorno Y/N! We hope you slept well for your first night here with us." Aro said standing from his chair. Beside him were Marcus and Caius sitting. I can see Caius glaring at me as if he didn't want me here. No matter, I'll be out of here soon.

I really didn't want her to join us for breakfast, but at the same time she was a sight for sore eyes. Athenodora arrives next week and I'm still not prepared on telling her, somehow though seeing Y/N this morning I had forgotten about Athenodora. Wait I mustn't! Shame on me! But I also don't want to think about Athenodora, or Y/N. I don't know what to do. Let's just get through this meal so I can continue my work. The servant comes in with our glasses of blood, but he had nothing for Y/N. How dare he.

"I'm assuming that's not red wine." I said. "Blood is the only thing we can really have, we don't eat." Marcus said, he sounded very sad, he always does. "Where is her meal?" Caius had asked. "We didn't know what to make for a mortal, I'm sorry master. We'll get that right away." said the servant. Caius got up quickly from his seat and rushed over grabbing the servant by the collar of his shirt. "Brother, there is no need for violence. You don't want to scare off your mate don't you?" Aro gestures to me. Caius takes his eyes off of the servant and turns to me. He then let's go off the servant and sits back down. "Just make her a bowl of cereal or something, is that alright with you?" Caius asked. I nodded and the servant rushed to the kitchen.

"So Y/N, did you sleep well?" Aro asked me. "Yes, I hope you all slept well too" I said, Aro and Marcus started chuckling. Caius just glares at me "What's so funny?" I asked. "We don't sleep, we haven't slept since we were mortals." Caius said. I didn't know that, it must be hard for them. The servant then came in with the cereal and placed it in front of me. "I'm so sorry about the delay your majesty, it won't happen again." I was about to forgive him but then Caius spoke up "It better not, now go!" The servant rushed back to the kitchen. He didn't have to be so mean it was fine.

Time Skip
It's 7:38pm and it's getting late. All day I've stayed in my room sketching or on my phone, I still don't know how to tell my dad about all this. Suddenly I heard a knock on my door, before I could tell them come in the door was already opening, it was Caius. "I didn't tell you to come in yet" I stated, then he gives me the same glare he's always given since I got here. "I would apologize but then again I wouldn't mean it." He said, what was his problem?

"What's your problem with me? I haven't done anything to you." She said. How dare she acts as if she hasn't done anything. She's ruined everything for me. "Don't act like you're so innocent! You've ruined so much. I've found out that mates with a bloody human rather then my-" Wait! Do I tell her about Athenodora? I don't think I shouldn't have brought it up.
"My...what?" She asked, damn it its too late now. "My...my..wife." I told her.

"My...my..wife." He said. So this guy has a wife? That's surprising. "If you have a wife then why am I here?" I asked. "Because thats how it is. Frankly I don't want any part of this but Aro said we must, I'm not supposed to be with my wife now all because of you! Whether you like it or not, thats how mates work." He explained. As painful as the kind of sounded I could care less, I just want to see my family again.

"I think I should go to bed, it's getting late." I lied. "Well then, if you require anything whisper for Felix, he will surely hear you. Until tomorrow I suppose, sleep well Y/N" Caius said before walking out the room. I quietly walked towards the door and look through the halls, he was gone in a flash. Nows my chance.