2.4 A Stir In Heart

A poor ginseng is lying helpless in the basket. Three times a day. His ginseng essences have gotten hollowed out.

This guy is just too good in sucking...

Dwight chuckles after drinking milk. He knows he squeezed him dry. This is a sort of punishment for him.

He flicks his forehead and the ginseng rubs it.

He warns, "Never escape again. Or I shall cook you."

The ginseng is staring him pitifully.

Dwight only chuckles. He pinches his nose and Rad glares at him.

"My lovely ginseng. Don't try to runaway again. Or I shall cook you."

Rad tries to bite his finger off. Missed it. He gets a lot angrier.

Dwight laughs heartily. His silly ginseng is just too cute. He hugs Rad to sleep.

I can't move. Heavy.

Rad can't escape. He tries to transform back into his ginseng form. Dwight tighens his hold on him. Nearly crushes the poor little ginseng. Right on his bird.

The frightened ginseng feared his balls getting crushed. So he behaves well. He closes his eyes and falls asleep.

Rad is still dozing off when he fells earth is moving under his feet.

He opens his eyes.

He is moving on a man's back.

A gentle looking young man asks, "Dwight, why are you carrying a radish on your back?"

"I'm going to hunt. Can't leave this at home. Who knows it might escape again."

The boy laughs heartily. He looks handsome for people in this era.

Rad stops struggling when he hears the system words.

This fellow is Gizelle, FL. This world has no female. The Orcs are divided into Sentinel like Dwight. And Guide like Gizelle.

System explains, "Dwight and his rival Rohr competes for Chieftain position and Gizelle."

Rad rolls his eyes. The cliche parts. Power and love. The usual boring stuffs.

068 asks, "What do you mean cliche? All the books have love entangled in them. Even if the focus is revenge or cultivations."

Gizelle offers some dried jerkies to Dwight but the latter rejects it. A proud sentinel won't take foods from a weak Guide. He could hunt on his own.

Dwight leaves the village with an obsidian axe in his hand.

The ginseng yawns. He can't move. He closes his eyes again. His consciousness drifts away, back to his space.

The agent picks some ripe fruits to eat. His space looks like a small heaven with the bountiful fruit trees and lovely flowers.

He feels a nudge to his soul. He closes his eyes and he is back in book world.

"Wake up. Eat."

Dwight has released him. He offers raw meat to the ginseng. It takes a lot of efforts not to vomit.

Rad pushes the meat away from him. He transforms back into his human form. He doesn't know other fruits beside bananas and papayas.

Fortunately he found some of them nearby.

Dwight looks down to his raw meat. Hunters like him don't cook outdoors. It's too tiresome to dig and built a campfire. Because they never settle down for long in one place.