3.22 My Son

Ren got released from hospital a month later. He is staying in his home right now.

Cheng Yi has been busy filming lately.

Ren hasn't seen him much. The actor only shows up if he hasn't got any schedule.

Mom asks worriedly, "Won't you eat a little more? You need to recover."

"I'm sick of porridge. Mom, can't I eat something else?"

"Of course. I'll ask Auntie to cook chicken soup."

Ren sighs. He wants to eat hotpot. He walks to a full body mirror in his bedroom.

He touches his head. Part of the left side of his head has been shaved off. There is a big patch of baldiness. It's the spot where the surgeon operated him.

Ugly.

Ren touches a large X scar on his forehead.

I'm not Harry Potter or Kenshin from Samurai-X. I don't need a huge scar.

Ren sighs.

A knock on the door and his Mom comes in. She sees how he touches his forehead again.

She says, "No worries. I've consulted a doctor. We could eliminate it after three months. You won't even see the difference anymore."

Ren smirks. He forgets about the power of money. Plastic surgery is available for rich folks like him.

All he needs is to grow back his hair. He can't look like a bald chicken.

A maid announces Cheng Yi's arrival.

Ren and his mom go out to greet him.

Cheng Yi looks tired. He has been shooting nonstop to spend more times with Ren.

Mom asks, "Xiao Yi, how is the shooting going?"

"It's good, Ma'am. We shall wrap up in another week."

"Thank you for visiting Ren. I will ask the cook to serve some meals."

"No need. I don't want to be a burden."

"It's okay. Let's eat together."

Cheng Yi glances at Ren. The latter has lost his appetite since he became a bald chicken.

His Gege cares a lot about his appearances. That's why he never show up in public space anymore.

Ren touches his hair.

He asks, "Do you think I should shave the right side? Mohawk hairstyle?"

"Gege, you would still look good if you're bald."

"Nonsense."

"It's true. Your head is shaped like an egg. It will be beautiful and shiny one."

Ren smiles widely. Cheng Yi holds the urge to kiss him. If only they were lovers, he would kiss him until they are both breathless.

The horror movie would be finished soon.

His manager has managed to secure a new palace drama for him.

It will be shooting in Hengdian. A city made for film and movies. There are buildings made for shooting ancient dramas and historical movies.

The shooting won't start until three months later.

Cheng Yi dines with them before he leaves. It has been a long day for him. He falls asleep in the car.

They have arrived and yet the actor is still in deep slumber.