Prologue

"I want Dracula-aa-aa ..."

I woke up to Bae Miller singing in my ears. Looking on the calendar I noticed that today is my last day before my senior year. Hopefully more than likely I will be long gone by that time.

Standing in the middle of my room I look around. My room is purple and green. My queen sized bed is against the wall with a sofa attached to the end, in another corner is a plain chair. I also have a sitting area with two sofas and a television. There is also a study area complete with a desk, laptop and a few books.

I go into my bathroom to bathe, brush my teeth and wash my hair.

Wrapped only in my towel I open my large closet doors to pick my clothes. I chose a light blue skinny jeans and a yellow tank top that says 'Love Me'. I put on a light blue cardigan and dark blue Jordans.

I normally wear loose fitting clothes but on every last day at a school I either wear tight or revealing clothes.

I don't really like makeup so I put on a light blush and my pumpkin scented what it smells good lipgloss. I fish braid my hair and put it over my shoulder.

I grab my bag, phone, car keys and head down to my family.

"Guess where we are moving to this time Avery" my brother, Caleb says as I enter the kitchen.

"Morning mom, dad and good morning to you too my lovely brother" I said while going around and kissing my parents. I was surprised to see my dad home. He would normally be gone by now. When I came to my brother I ruffled his hair, in protest he slapped my hand away. "Ouch" it hurt like a b!tch.

"You called it on yourself and you didn't answer my question Aves" he huffed.

I shrugged " I don't know. Spain?" I asked instead.

"No you stupi-" my brother did not get to finish with my mom giving him a slap upside his head.

"No name calling" she hissed. I love my mom, she is the world peace type of mom. When she is home which is not often she always spend time with us baking or playing.

"I've got to go" my dad gets up with his briefcase in hand. He has a multi-billon company and is not home alot.

"Bye" we all shouted to him. He smiles and disappears.

"Soo where are we going?" I asked.

"Winchester" my mom answers. What! "It's a nice place, you know and it's close to the ocean Avery." mom knows I like the ocean. That's because I am a mermaid. At least I keep telling my self that.

"Oh my pumpkins ! look at the time" I screeched looking at my phone. "Bye" I pick up my things, a granola bar and mashed pumpkin and run to my car,Lisa.

Parked at my school I eat my pumpkin and put mints in my mouth then hop out Lisa.

Why did I forget that every time I do this I get attention. Great! I hoist my bag on my shoulder and hold my head down to enter the school.

"Well well who's the hottie?" I heard a husky voice ask as I face my locker. Looking at the owner of the voice I sigh in annoyance. Steven. The school's bad boy and manwhore. "Wait do I know you?" he looks at me from head to toe. Then in recognition he chuckles. "Avery, I did not know you were this hot. How about I give you my number heh and you call me. No, I'll pick you up at your place so give me your address." How can someone be this cocky and confident? Only the pumpkin gods know.

I raised one eyebrow at him. "Who said I was going to go out with you? You never noticed me before but since I'm in tight clothes you think I can become your whore! And further more I don't do the whole bad boy thing. Never have and never will!"