Chapter Four: Deadlands Carnival

The train gets to its final stop as Psycho was already up and gathering his things and tossing a messenger bag at me I wake up "hey get up this is our stop." He said as he tied on his boots.

I looked out the window seeing we were in a town that looked like a wasteland with smoke everywhere as it was raining ash. "Where are we?" I ask gathering my bag and following him off the train, getting greeted with an unusual and strong stitch of death.

The air was unbearable to breathe in. "This is Silent Creek. Now put on your mask." Psycho said to put a face mask on to block out the horrible snitch in the air.
I rummage around in the bag pulling out a mask and putting it on. We walk through the town going past houses boarded up with a red "X" painted on them.

The other houses looked like they were broken into and used as safe houses with what survivors there were in the town. If there were anyone left alive in this town. "What happened here?" I ask Psycho. He looks back at me with a dumbfounded expression "what do you mean what happened here? Look around, do you see anyone else besides us walking around alive?" He said I shook my head no as I didn't see anyone else.

There were just a lot of corpses covered with white and red spotted mushrooms. I didn't say anything as I could already piece together what had happened here in the town and to the residents who lived here. "An infection broke out. Leaving nothing behind alive. The ones who were lucky got out while they could." Psycho says leading the way as we came up to a burnt-down elementary school.

We headed inside the school and it smelled even worse than how the outside did. There was a strong snitch of rot and decay. I start to feel a bit nauseous.

I looked around as we wandered the old school hallways and classrooms using flashlights. In most of the rooms were the remains of what looked like the last people before they got infected.

We managed to make our way down to the basement which was more disturbing in itself. There were hospital beds with straps and cages with serial numbers on them.

"This is the part of the school that used to be the mental ward." Psycho said looking around using his flashlight "what do you mean? It looks like it was the nurse's office..but in a fucked up way." I say looking for anything useful.

Psycho didn't say anything else. He just remained silent as we both started to savage the room for batteries for our flashlights.

After a few hours of silence, we heard what sounded like children laughing out in the hallways as there was banging on the pipes.

But they didn't sound like a normal child to have such a deep terrifying demonic tone.

"Get down!" Psycho says, whispering as he shoves me down to the ground with him. The laughter was getting closer. "What's out there?" I ask, being quiet, seeing pure fear in Psycho's expression as he watched the door that was cracked just a little bit but enough to see the hallway.

I wish I could explain the feeling I had gotten when I saw it was just a little boy by himself causing that much noise. "But that's just a little boy." I said getting ready to stand up before Psycho roughly grabbed "No that thing is not a human anymore it's a parasite that is pretending to be a child." Psycho said as we both heard what sounded like footsteps echoing through the hall getting louder and more intense with each step.

"She's here.." was all that psycho could say before getting interrupted by the room starting to change into an arena battle floor

"Well, I can't say it's not pleasant to see you again." A lady with green hair and emerald eyes says walking out onto the floor to greet us. She had boots and a Lil mini skirt on with a strapless plain black top.

"What do you want Toxic?" Psycho says snapping at her. Toxic just grins and looks over at me then back at him. "Oh, it's not what I want," Toxic says excitedly.

"It's what your Lil friend wants." She said as the creature from the hallway came into the scene dragging a girl that looked like Anna.

"Anna?" I say going to the girl seeing it was her but was out cold. I glared over at Toxic "what did you do to her?" I say grabbing an ax off the ground.

"Oh, you know just the usual," Toxic says grinning. "We drugged her." She says laughing, as she starts to walk away.

I growl not letting her get away that easily. I grip the ax and charge towards her getting ready to swing before she pulls out a button from her top.

"If you kill me your Lil sister will die," Toxic says, sounding a bit sadistic. "So how about we have a little fun."

Psycho groans then shoots the parasite "their problem solved now let her go." Psycho said already done with the bullshit she was doing.

Toxic stares upset at him "that's not good enough." Toxic screams and out the pure rage she held in for so long toxic came down from the stage making a swift hand movement in front of Anna. As her head fell off. I stood there silent for a moment as the arena started to crumble.

Psycho noticed and tried to get my attention but I was too far gone in shock to even notice.

Everything went black as I collapsed on the floor from exhaustion.