Chapter Eleven: The Velvet Girl

Psycho sits at the table staying quiet as me and Alexander talks while he fidget with a coin in his hand.

"It's gonna sound silly when I tell you." I said laughing abit then took a moment to think about it and how to explain it to him. "But  I guess it's gonna be easy to explain since I saw you on the train last time." I said fidgeting with my bracelet beads.

Alexander smirked "don't worry I already know what you're looking for and I can give you some on me. No charge I promise." He gave me a small red velvet cloth bag with some ground up spices in it and a key that had the shape of a cat's head carved out of mother of pearl and a type of bronze metal to a room upstairs above the tavern.

"Oh and be sure to use it before you go to sleep tonight." Alexander said, patting me on the head then exiting the tavern before I could even ask him what was wrapped up in the cloth.

Heading up the stairs going to my room I noticed the hallway changed into a fancy hotel hallway.

I looked out the hallway window and saw I was all the way up on the 13th floor.

I walk the halls endlessly trying to find my room. I heard a girl from behind me screaming for help then came up to me "hey there you are I've been looking all over the place for you." She said, sounding relieved to see me "we gotta get out of here now." She said as she got close to me.

She had red velvet hair and ruby eyes wearing only a short dress with a black and white plaid pattern wearing black ballet flats.

"Uh who are you?" I asked the red velvet haired girl as she grabbed my hand pulling me alongside her as she ran through the halls.

"Scarlett, it's me Katilyn." She said as we ran down the halls trying to find a way out of here "did you hit your head or something?" Katilyn asks before I could tell her that I don't know her. She started to run faster, dragging me along "nevermind that we don't have time for that right now we gotta try to find a safe place to hide." Katilyn said as a deep distorted male voice could be heard echoing throughout the hallways calling for her "Oh kitty kitty where are you?" could be heard shaking the hallway walls causing the light fixtures to fall and break along with the pictures hanging on the walls.

Katilyn looked back behind me and all I could see in her face was nothing but fear and the look of desperately trying to escape for her life. "He's right behind us." She said as her voice started to break from the pressure she had been holding herself under.

I started to feel a chill down my spin as if my life was about to be over.

I held onto the Katilyn's hand really tight and started to run with her as we turned a corner we both quickly shoved ourselves into the nearest storage room that had an open door. "Close it quickly before he finds us."

Katiyln said, shaking and hugging her knees, I grabbed the handle and quickly closed the door, leaving it cracked a little bit. I smelt  something rotten and grotesque, kinda like it was left out rotting in the sun during the middle of summer.

"Kitty kitty, where are you? I'm getting bored of this cat and mouse game." The discorted male voice said the voices got closer getting deeper and more distorted sounding like radio static ooking and banging on all the doors then stopped and quickly turned his head with a loud unsettling crack and pop sound coming from his neck as he turn his head staring at the storage room door noticed me peeking through the the little crack of the door The man smirked and rushed towards us grabbing the door ripping it off the hinges and yanked katilyn out of the closet before she was fully yanked out I grabbed her hand. "Don't let go, I got you." I said, doing my best to pull her back towards me, "Scarlett, it's ok." She said with a smile "I love you."

Was the last thing she said before being pulled into darkness as her screams could be heard in the depths of the darkness then a door comes out of nowhere and slams shut leaving the dark of the closet.