Chapter Twelve: Clovers and Lilies

Spot lights turn to as piano music started up with a lady dancing on the stage as i sat in the front room watching and listening I noticed she had moon sliver hair dancing on stage performing a ballet of her story with step she took following the sound of piano being played i glance seeing a pianist playing a song that seemed like of a story of her life.

The pianist had opal white hair with soft pale white wearing a lounge suit colored pearly pastel with a slight tint of purple like an opal stone.

He even had a cameo pendant on his left side of the suit with a craving of a blue bird on it.

"Wonderful isn't it? Seeing the story of your past self." The woman said as she sat beside me wearing a ballroom mask covering her eyes hiding behind her black straight hair. "What do you mean?" I ask her looking back at the performance the lady smirked a bit giving a ruby smile.

"You live before you become who you are now." She then looks at me "speaking of which you're late for the show." The lady said once more before I was on the stage, facing only a man and women sitting in the front room seats watching me and the other girl who looked like me but was the same girl I saw when I was watching from the seats.

The girl takes a hold of my hand pulling me into a dance with her as I hear piano music being played through the auditorium with an echo from every note played. We danced for a while then every faded away like it's being swallowed in a cloud of mist.

The sound of water dripping was all that could be heard. I look around seeing a pound be me with water dripping off a hydrangea bush. I went to the edge of the pond to look at my reflection as bubbles were surfacing.

I take a step back as a lady surfaces from the water walking towards me with a large melon size pearl in her hands. She gets to the edge of the pond and places the pearl on the ground then drops back into the pond.

I waited for a minute then went to the pearl picking it up just as it dissolved into powder leaving a piece of a torn poem in my hands.

There wasn't much of the poem left to read but it looked like it was written during a dark time in history somewhere from what I was able to read. The poem was called 'The day Columbus fell.' the writer was unknown as from what it looked like the name had faded away.

The poem started out like this "my heart was born into a bright and colorful world. I had raised them as my children and laid my children to rest.." that was all I was able to read before they got water stained and faded.

I headed to a nearby town to see if anyone could tell me about the poem.

Stepping into town the houses started to catch fire with people screaming inside them.

I walked through feeling nothing, only to smile as I looked around. I saw the people who hurt me get engulfed by the flames in the houses they were in.

As I watched the buildings be engulfed I realized what the poem is about and I let go of the piece of paper as it disappeared into the flames as I continued to walk out of the burning village.

After I walked back to the train station I saw psycho and Alexander waiting for me. "Scarlett hurry your slow ass up the trains about to leave." Psycho said as I glanced over, noticing the lady in a sapphire dress watching. I knew something didn't feel right, it felt off. Like the air stopped moving as silence fell like a blanket of snow.

I glanced back over to Alex and psycho seeing they both were emotionless and not moving. "This ain't real none of this is real." I say to myself I looked back over at the lady as she motioned me to follow her as she started to walk into the woods.

I looked back to see the guys one more time and saw they weren't there and neither was the train.

I head into the woods not looking back, having hope that I'll see them again.