Chapter seven: Stitched Carousel

I climb out a hole ending up in a giant cave-like room with an apple tree grown over a rock.

I pulled myself out of the hole more to get a better look at the area and then saw the buck staring at me as I felt a calming breeze. The buck started to move towards me as it had marble blue eyes.

"Hello old friend, it sure has been a while since we last saw each other." A familiar voice says as a girl comes out from one of the tree branches and sits down on a branch wearing a flannel over a white tank top shirt with denim faded jeans being barefooted.

She smiles at me as she picks an apple to eat "Scarlett? Is that you?" Another familiar voice was heard from down behind the base of the tree.

A forest nymph comes out from behind the base of the tree.  "I'm sorry I don't seem to remember either of you." I say politely to both of them "oh that's ok my name is Alice." The girl in the flannel says "and the tree nymph down there is Freyjà." Alice says, taking a bite of the apple.

"Are you lost?" Freyja asks, stepping down to get close to me. "I think so.." I say having trouble remembering if I am lost or not.

Alice takes notice of my memory loss and gets down from the tree and stands beside Freyjà to get a better look "are you lost." Alice said touching my hand "I'm sorry.." was all she said before hugging me.

"It's not fair.." I say crying "I thought I found love..but they never loved me..they only used me and broke me." I say crying more and hug her back giving her a tight hug.

Freyjà came up beside me hugging me alongside Alice. "I'm sorry you got hurt like that. No one should carry the pain that you hold." She said rubbing my shoulder. "Thank you." I said hugging them once more, feeling the warmth from both of the girls. "we're always here for you." The girls said inviting me to make some decorative glass apples with them.

We spent a good while making some miniature glass apples. "Here you go," Alice said, smiling while handing me a bag made out of tree bark leather. "It's some of the glass apples you help make with us," she said, setting the bag down in front of me on the table beside a small basket full of pomegranate seeds carved from gemstones. Most of the stones looked familiar to me.

The only ones I was able to remember were the Sapphires, opals, and rubies, the clear ones I assumed were diamonds with gold flakes in them all to fill the open cracks on them. "Take these with you for your travels. We've noticed you didn't have a bag either so made you one." Freyjà says, pulling a messenger bag out from under the table.

"For my travels?" I ask, sounding a bit confused then before I knew it I was standing in front of the tunnel entrance I was walking down before meeting Alice and Freyjà.

I was holding the bag with the gifts inside the girls gave me. "Be careful with your journey, old friend." I heard an echo from the other side of the tunnel.

I felt a hand tap me on the shoulder. "Hey, Eli you alright?" Psycho said, shaking my shoulder "uh? Huh yeah, I'm alright." I said as I looked around seeing I was back at the train station when I arrived with the people wearing the masks with strange symbols on them after that everything else became a blur.

"Here you dropped this." Psycho says, handing me the bag Freyjà and Alice made for me with the gifts they gave me as well still inside it. "Thank you." I said putting my bag back on over my shoulder and looked at him tired as I've seen enough.

"Let's go." He said as he took my hand leading the way out of the market area and got to a ticket booth to renew our tickets.