Chapter 28

NO POV - Briar's House

It has been about one month since Briar's house had been broken into, and nearly everyone has returned to their "normal" lives, even Briar. Although, she can't help but wonder who it was that broke into her house that night and if she's ever going to see the necklace that Max gifted her again.

"Dad!" Briar's voice echoed through the halls of her large house as she ran around getting ready. Today was finally the day that Briar was going to court to fight the charges that she was wrongfully committed of and she was nervous to say the least. Her Dad was there for both moral support and 

"Yes darlin'," Harries replied as he approached her bedroom door, Briar stood before him with different articles of clothing in both hands, and all over the bedroom floor. There wasn't any part of her floor that didn't have some type of clothing on it. It had looked as if a hurricane had been through there.

"Which of these do you think I should wear?" Briar asked, "I want to look professional, but no trying too hard, you know? I want something that says I don't do drugs." Briar tried to lighten the mood with little jokes, it was obvious that she was incredibly nervous, but who wouldn't be? She  let out a sigh as she dropped the clothes on top of the others on the floor, then sat on her bed, Harries immediately took the spot next to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Look Ri, I know that you're nervous and you have every right to be. It's not everyday that people have to go through this, but, if one thing's for certain you have enough courage to get through this," Harries said, "you are the toughest person I know, and everyone knows that you didn't do anything that you're accused of. Whatever the outcome is from today, we are all still going to be there for you, even if you do decide not to surf anymore."

Briar exhaled lightly, "thank you Dad, it means a lot to hear you say that. I just wish today was over with already and we just get a verdict, I'm ready to get on with my life."

Harries rubbed Briar's back as he stood up from the bed, he picked up a few articles of clothing from the ground and handed them to her "well then you'd better get dressed so that you can get it over with, plus your ride will be here soon" he said as Briar grabbed onto the clothes, she gave him a tiny smile and shook her head. Harries left Briar to get dressed, and a short while later she came out ready. 

The two of them sat with each other until Briar's ride arrived to take her to the court house

The two of them sat with each other until Briar's ride arrived to take her to the court house. Since the prime minister's own lawyers were helping deal with Briar's case, he also provided her with everything else. Harries walked her out to the car that was waiting out front for her, he opened the car door and stood there waiting for her to get in.

"I'm rostered at Bondi later today, the minute that you are done call me regardless of the outcome," Harries requested as Briar slide into the opened car door and sat onto the closest seat. 

She shook her head, "I promise, I call you the second that it's over."

Harries smiled and gave her a kiss on the forehead, he closed the door and the car pulled off. He waved as the car reached the end of the street and out of his sight.