Chapter 22

Chapter 22 - NO POV

None other than Osher Gunsberg was hosting this fundraiser gala. He walked to the center of the stage immediately after Briar had ended the phone call with the guys. If you asked anyone in that audience or who was watching at home what was going to happen next, no one would even be remotely close to guessing what was right. This night was definitely going to be one of a kind, for everyone.

Osher brought his microphone towards his face as the crowd cheered, once they quieted down he began to speak. 

"Good evening everyone and thank you for coming out tonight," he spoke loudly and clearly enough into the microphone so that everyone in the venue could hear, it was quite big and there were still many side conversations going on, "there are so many great causes and groups that could use your support today! Just choose your cause and follow the rules, it's as simple as that!"

"Now that we've got through all the logistics it's about time that I announce-" before Osher could finish that sentence, the gala began to experience some technical difficulties. Although these difficulties weren't exactly unexpected. The lights dimmed, then all of the enormous television screens that were used to project the different charities and how much was being donated to them, went black. Chatter started amongst the crowd as Osher 'looked' around for some help, no one knew what was going on, "sorry everyone- it looks like we're experiencing some technical difficulties, just give us a few moments to figure this out."

He stepped to the side to go along with the plan. Just as people thought the worst, the television screens all appeared with the same image which was a large black background with the letters 'LM' written in white. 

Of course, many people started to notice this on the screens and started whispering, they wanted to know what this meant. Before people could make assumptions, Osher came back to center stage and brought everyone's attention onto him, rather than the screens. 

"As many of you have noticed by now we're experiencing more than just regular technical difficulties," he explained, "in fact, we've been fully taken over and it's likely that we're going to experience some kind of invasion, a heist if you will."

The lifeguards looked at each other confused because of what Briar had told them just moments ago. Worried gasps filled the audience, but Osher immediately reassured them, "but do not worry, they've taken over before and they'll do it again, except this time they're raising money for an amazing cause, please give it up for Little Mix!" 

The lights completely dimmed over the stage and in front of everyone Osher was now gone. All attention was now on the screen which created this static affect, as if it were turning off but it did the opposite, a pink spy-like background with the words 'The Heist' printed largely across it. 

One spot light lit up over a single table near one side of the stage, around it was the four girls in hot pink spy outfits, the crowd finally started to put two and two together. They went crazy.

Briar's POV -

All the rigorous training sessions I have had over my lifetime, never really prepared me for something like this because I was out of breath to say the least. All four of us were, but we couldn't have been more proud of what we've done thus far. I stood in between Jesy and Leigh-Anne, I looked to to each of the girls and they had the biggest smiles on their faces. As the crowd cheered, we looked to the side where Osher came onto the stage, he too was clapping.