Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Briar's POV

"Look I can see Daddy!" I had never seen Billy so excited before, then again I'm not home much so I don't get to spend time with the little buggers, but that's about to change. Unfortunately for me it's not under the best terms and I know that my dad is going to be beyond pissed that I've kept this entire thing from him, luckily for me it hasn't hit the tabloids yet. I stared out towards the water as my dad came around the rocks.

"Emmie I've got to tell you something because I'm going to need your support when I tell my dad," I revealed as I stood next to her, "but I need you to promise me that you won't freak out."

Emmie looked at me unsure of how to react, of course she shook her head as she set Leo down onto the sand, "Leo, Billy, go get cousin Piper!" the boys went running over to Piper who was standing next to some guys, of course the two boys drew her attention away.

"Seriously please don't freak out, but, I'm suspended from the tour," honestly saying that made my stomach churn, I'm not the type of person to get nervous this easily but I swear it seemed as if the world was caving in on me.

"Suspended?" Emily asked with her eyes wide, I shook my head.

"That's not even the worst part," I replied, "the reason I got suspended is because a couple months ago I got arrested-"

"Arrested! Briar you better be kidding right now your father is going to go insane hearing this!" Emily was practically yelling at this point, I looked around as I gestured to her to calm down thankfully she didn't catch anyone's attention which was a surprise.

"Em this is not what I needed to hear, besides it wasn't my fault it's being investigated right now and once they know the truth then I'll be back on the tour," I explained, but listening to myself didn't sound as convincing as I would have liked it to.

"Briar I actually can't believe this, like, you've never been the type to get in trouble let alone arrested!" Emmie was actually pissed and I understand, she's being the adult right now. But I think she should know the entire story before she keeps on yelling at me, attracting even more attention.

"Em can you just listen to me please, give me a second to explain," I begged, she took a deep breath in and calmed herself down, "thank you. It happened a couple months back, we were in London and some of the others were doing some, well, illegal things and I wasn't going to do that. I went back to the hotel room and stayed in, but I guess someone had slipped some of the stuff that they had in my purse and the cops showed up demanding to search my things, then they found everything, so I spent a couple days in jail before I was let out on bail."

"Damn it Briar, you should've told us the moment this happened! Both of us would've been there for you," Emmie comforted me with a hug, I know I should have told them the moment it had happened, but I feel like it would have been so much worse for them finding out over the phone rather than from me in person, then again there is no good way to tell your parents that you have been arrested.

"You try telling your parents you been arrested on drug charges, it's not the easiest thing to do," I rolled my eyes as I watched the water, my dad was the first to reach the sand with some others following closely behind, but he had enough on them to stay in first.

"Well now you just have to tell your father," Em responded as my father crossed the finish line, he didn't even stop he just kept running towards me and picked me up almost effortlessly, even though I'm not a child anymore! He put me back down and just engulfed me with a hug.