Chapter 6

A/N: Just throwing it out there, Jesse isn't going to be the love interest. Sorry for all you Jesse lovers, but I like to focus on the lifeguards who aren't as mentioned on Bondi Rescue!

Chapter 6 - Briar's POV

Jesse and I had been catching waves one after another, but we both haven't done anything to totally stand out. Jesse's fallen a couple of times, while I haven't, but I need to pull out one trick before calling a quits on this competition. Also, I want to rub this in everyone of those guys' faces who bet on Jesse. We were at the breaking point waiting for a good wave, something we haven't really gotten this entire time, when I finally saw something in the distance. But so did Jesse.

"Oh," he laughed, "this one is mine!" He immediately started paddling towards where the wave was going to break.

"Not if I have something to do with it," I responded padding even faster, except, I headed behind where the wave was going to break. While out touring the past few years of my life, I've picked up new techniques of surfing, many of which I've figured out on my own. You have lots of time on your hands when you're traveling the world alone.

Jesse turned around just as the wave began to break, but, he was still far away from the break which was perfect. I used enough force, and the mini wave that came before the big one, to push myself under Jesse's board. I emerged from the water at the perfect time, because the wave was practically breaking at the perfect spot. Being in front of Jesse, I had the right to the wave and being the gentlemen he is, he respected that.

The crisp air pushed against my face as I stood up onto my board, in one smooth movement, just as I had taught the girls earlier. Somehow I had blocked out all the commotion and noise in the background, it was just me and the wave. It seemed so calm when in reality it was a force to be reckoned with, the same as me. I ripped through the wave flawlessly, I really wanted to make an impression so I decided to try to do a 720, which I've only done once before. I've been working on the technique for a long time now and watching videos from snowboarders, I just hope I've finally got it down.

I picked up enough speed, then I cut my board upwards toward the lip of the wave. I felt the board disconnect from the wave, I used the force of gravity and my body to turn myself quick, before I was pulled back onto the wave. Somehow I did it. I actually fucking did it. I laughed to myself as I pushed myself off the wave and dove into the water, it was so refreshing to be having fun for once and not think about the scandal I'm involved in.

My head broke the surface of the water, I grabbed onto my board as Jesse paddled over to me, he looked just as shocked as I did. I sat up on my board as Jesse stopped in front of me and laughed.

"That was awesome," was all Jesse managed to say, I smiled knowing I had done something really great and what made it better was all the little girls watching from the sand, "I don't think I've ever seen someone pull that move off, let alone in ten foot swells!"

"Thanks," I laughed, "maybe I can teach you guys a thing or two one of these days!"

Jesse playfully rolled his eyes as I gave him a hard time, but in reality he was actually a really good surfer especially when it comes to big waves. 

"Well there is a traineeship open on Bondi, have you ever thought of following in your dads footsteps?" Jesse asked as we slowly paddled back to shore, I shook my head, "you'd make an awesome lifeguard, maybe one of the best we've ever had!"

"I don't think this is my cup of tea, don't get me wrong it's a dream job! But I'm focusing on my surfing career, and it needs all the help it can get right now," I sighed, Jesse chuckled.