Chapter 21

Chapter 21 - Briar's POV 

Dancing around Piper's apartment and singing my heart out was definitely something that needed to be done, and even though that's going to make me late I really did not care. I attempted to do my hair and makeup at the same time, but Cher was making it really hard to. I checked the time as I finished putting some champagne eyeshadow onto my lids, the gala was suppose to be starting in about twenty minutes. Looking outside really confirmed that because the sun was nearly all the way down, which meant it was go time. I quickly finished my makeup, and in my opinion it looked amazing, then I started finishing up my hair. 

The dress that Leigh-Anne designed for me was hanging up over my dresser, she really captured each of us in our outfits and they looked absolutely amazing! I was really excited to look and feel pretty tonight, not only that but Nick was finally going to get his comeuppance. At least I hope that this was how the night was going to end. I was just finishing up my hair when my phone dinged, it was sitting on my nightstand charging while I got ready. I worked a bobby pin into my hair as I shuffled over to the dresser, I leaned in closer to my phone to see who had texted me. It was Max. I guess you can say ever since we had our talk the other night, we've been on texting terms. I'm not going to say we're the best of friends, because we simply aren't, but we are making our way back to having a friendship.

Max - Hope you're not forgetting about tonight..

I laughed. I've never been the most punctual, one time I was late to exams in school because I forgot and decided to sleep in! I never lived that one down, not from Max or my dad. I've been better now that I lived on my own from a young age, I had to learn to depend on myself and not on others. Like I said, I'm better but I haven't totally picked up the habit on being on time. 

I immediately texted him back after finally getting the bobby pin to stay.

Me - You know me and how good I am at being on time, I'm almost done and I'll be there soon..

I set my phone back onto the charger, dancing my way back to the dresser I grabbed my dress and slipped it on over my body. As I looked into the mirror, I adjusted the dress so that it fit in all the right places. Not only did Leigh do an amazing job creating the dress, she did just as well getting it to fit me, because not only is it hugging all the right places but it's also not too tight. 

The perfect gala look. I gazed into the mirror and took in how well I looked, it always amazed me how well I could clean up, and it looks like I still got it. I was still staring when my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a loud car horn out front. I grabbed the front of my dress and headed to my bedroom window, outside there was a limo waiting. Confused, I headed out of my room and down the apartment stairs, outside a man got out. 

"I'm going to assume you're Briar, I'm here to take you to your destination," he opened the door, at first I was confused how he knew it was me but then I put two and two together, not many people would be out in formal wear at this time of day. 

As I ducked into the car, I noticed that on the outside there was the Australian Coat of Arms, which meant that this was probably sent by either Jade or her father, I don't know anyone else that high up in the Australian government. Sitting down I sunk down into the black leather seats,    as I looked around me there was a bottle of champagne sitting in a bucket of ice along with glass  cups. I decided to skip on that because I was going to have an interesting enough night without adding alcohol into the mix. So the entire ride I decided that keeping myself sane was the best decision. 

-

Blocks before we even reached the venue there were screaming fans and paparazzi trying to get pictures of anyone they could, if they saw something even remotely resembling a limo they started taking pictures. Instinctually I tried to hide myself.