19. i already feel like a wife

Micaiah
I was currently in our bathroom separating clothes so I can do laundry. We have an extra closet I guess you can call it that, so we put our washer and dryer in here to put it to use. I notice that I'm starting to say our a lot and so does Jordan, and I think it's so cute. Things have gotten pretty serious in our relationship these past couple of weeks and I'm not complying about it. He brought me a promise ring and when I tell y'all I am in love. I be quick to tell other dudes, "uh uh don't talk to me I'm married." He did a good job picking this ring, but I know he asked my family for their opinion to see if I'll truly like it.

As I was separating clothes I noticed some of Jordan's clothes looked way too familiar. I did laundry maybe two or three weeks ago and I had to get onto him about wearing things I just washed. I had to throw away some of his underwear because he was wearing and tearing them so bad. One thing for certain is he not about keep wearing the draws over and over again. I just let out a sigh and throw the first load in the wash. Entering the living room, I see that my boyfriend is back from the gym and it look like a tornado went through here. The whole room reeked, he was laying on the couch in his gym clothes, his shoes were all over the place, and everything in his gym bag was dumped out.

I don't know what's going on because we're both clean freaks. Personally I think it's because he's tired from work and hustling up money from basketball games. A little birdie, my dad, told me that he stops by the house everyday to check on my mom. I want to be mad at him but I just can't.

"Hey baby", I smile.

"Hey", he smiles back.

He holds his hands up and I help him get off of the couch and lead him to our bathroom. I cut the shower on making sure it's hot to his liking. Removing his clothes he throws them into our hamper before stepping in. I was about to walk away until he grabbed my hand.

"You're not coming in here with me?"

"No Jordan you need to wash up and I need to make you something to eat."

"I already got something to eat before I came here."

He gives me the puppy eyes and he knows I can't resist them.

"Clean yourself and then we can take a bath together because you know how I feel about being dirty and taking a bath."

I remove my clothes and put my robe on as I wait for him to get done. My ears can hear him scrubbing himself to death and all I can do it laugh and shake my head. I just pray that he doesn't slip out of the tub again.

"Ok I'm ready!"

Opening the under cabinets, my hands reach for the epsom salt and other bath essentials that will be needed. Jordan steps out with a towel around his waist and I walk over to the tub cutting the water on and putting the stopper down.

• • •

My back rest against Jordan's chest as we sit in silence letting the water relax our muscles. He decided to put his durag on and it's taking everything in me to not cause waves in this bathtub right now. Lately I have been thinking about getting on birth control because well my mother brought up the idea.

I finished my shift at the store and decided to hangout with my mom.

Ever since I've been here she has been giving me this strange look. I even checked in the mirror in the hallway to see if I had anything on my face. Once I take my seat on the couch, I lay back putting my bowl of strawberries on my chest. I was just minding my business and I can still feel my mom staring at me.

"Mom is there something you would like to say?"

It's silent and I turn my head towards her raising my eyebrows. Grabbing my water bottle I get a few gulps in to prepare myself.

"Are you and Jordan having sex?"

I start choking on my water and she forces my arms up and pats my back.

"I'm sorry but I just notice a difference in your body and got curious."

My silence can speak for itself and I take a bite out of my strawberry placing my attention on the tv.

"I'm taking your silence as a yes and I hope you two are careful. I would love to have a grandchild but you're young maybe you should consider going on birth control."

And just like that I have my birth control appointment tomorrow. I have an idea of which one I want to get on because the other ones seemed a little too scary especially the IUD.

"What's on your mind baby?"

I feel him rest his heavy as head on mine as he's kissing my fingers. What if our kids have his head? Meaning I have to push that out....give me all the epidural, promethazine, codeine, percs, and whatever the other drugs are that rappers talk about. His head is just so large and cat is so little...ain't no way I'm pushing our baby out sober. About to be high as a kite delivering the baby.

"So I have a doctors appointment tomorrow."

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah I just wanted to talk to her about putting me on birth control."

I can feel his cheeks move meaning he's smiling...nasty ass. I pop his leg making him jump and rub it.

"Stop smiling once I get on this pill it does not mean nut in me whenever you want to."

"Yes it does that means we can have sex raw", he giggles.

I mean I wouldn't mind it. If I was going crazy with the condom just imagine without.

"Really think about it...do you think our kids will look like me or you?"

"I think it will be pretty even. I have a feeling though that if we have a little girl she's going to look just like you and that will be scary."

"Girl I am fine as hell what are you talking about."

"Nah because it's going to be you with a wig."

His chuckle causes my whole body to vibrate and i kiss his bicep as his grip around me becomes tighter.

"Micaiah?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."