20. no baby o'clock

Micaiah

I sat on the examination table, waiting for my OBGYN to come in while Jordan was playing with the latex-free gloves in the room. He only worked half a day at footlocker so he could be here with me. I had changed into the gown they wanted me to do so she could do a pelvic exam and all the needed stuff.

My body jumps when I hear a pop and see Jordan looking guilty as hell.

"Put the damn gloves up and sit down over there."

"Yes ma'am."

He throws the gloves away and plops down on the chair playing with his fingers. Just imagine if we had a kid...I would be taking care of two instead of one. My doctor comes in and she gives a warm smile.

"Micaiah it's so good to see you."

"It's good to see you too Dr. Durham."

"And who is this handsome young man."

Of course he starts smiling and blushing like crazy.

"This is my boyfriend Jordan."

"It's so nice to meet you Jordan."

"It's nice to meet you too ma'am", he shakes her hand.

She turns her attention over to me while she's looking at my paperwork I had to do not too long ago.

"So I see nothing has really changed and that the reason for your visit is you want to get on birth control is there a specific reason? Irregular periods? Just want to play it safe?"

"Just want to play it safe", I smile looking at Jordan who was looking at a poster at one of the walls.

I shake my head my baby can be in his own world.

"Do you know which form of birth control you want?"

"The pill."

"Ok just to let you know that the pill is effective when taken everyday at the same time so you have to be very careful with that."

"Yes ma'am."

"Ok so I'm going to do a pelvic exam and then have you take a pregnancy test."

• • •

The pelvic exam went go so now we're just waiting on the results of my pregnancy test.

"What if you're pregnant", Jordan laughs.

"Stop why would you say that."

"It's just a thought."

Dr. Durham comes back into the room and I sit up straight placing my hands into my lap. I don't know why I'm so nervous because I have shown any signs of pregnancy plus Jordan and I are very careful. Even though as of lately we've been doing it raw because to get accustomed to the feeling plus his pull out game is very strong.

"Ok Micaiah darling your pregnancy test came back negative and no abnormalities were present on the test we ran on the sample we got from your pelvic exam. I have decided to place you on a pill that is like the nexplanon (implant that goes in your arm) the symptoms aren't just that harsh. Do you want me to send it to your regular CVS?"

"Yes please."

She does a few clicks on her iPad and has a smile on her face.

"Ok I just sent it and it should be ready by the end of the day before they close."

"Ok thank you so much Dr. Durham."

"No problem you guys have a nice day."

"Wait doc before you go I have a question?"

Oh lord.

"Yes."

"So since she's going to be on birth control do that mean I can you know."

"The pill is about ninety three percent effective so seven out of one hundred women who are on birth control still get pregnant. As your doctor I'm advising you two to be safe."

"Got you."

"Thank you again Dr. Durham."

"No problem sweetie y'all enjoy the rest of your day...and be safe", she said giving both of us a look.

When my mother became sick Dr. Durham became like a second mom to me.

"We already doing it raw I just haven't you know so I was making sure."

"Jordan!"

"It's ok I love the transparency", she laughs.

We say bye again and she close the door so I can change back into my clothes. I hop off of the examination table and grab my clothes that rested at the sink area. Jordan starts licking his lips and I immediately shake my head.

"No sir not until I pick up the pills."

He sucks his lips and gets up to help me put the clothes on. I'm glad that the appointment went well and that everything is ok. Once I am situated we leave the doctor's office and head over to Jordan's car. He opens my door and gives me a couple of minutes to get myself situated.

"I love you", he puckers his lips.

"I love you too."

• • •

We got my pills picked up so now I will be on birth control until Jordan and I feel like we're ready to have kids. His dad called him when we came back from the pharmacy and they've been on the phone for two hours. It must be something important.

As I was fixing his plate he walked out of our bedroom with a look on his face. I can't decipher his feelings so that means he's either trying to mask them or he's conflicting himself. He gets ready to grab the plate and I pull it back raising my eyebrows.

"What's wrong?

"Nothing", he shakes his head.

I see him trying to grab his plate, pulling it back even further.

"Lie again and your food is going to be cold."

His hooded eyes stare into my large ones since he's already hungry, and I'm playing around with his food.

"All you have to do is communicate with me."

"My dad called saying that the local G league team is having tryouts."

"That's amazing, but why are you sad?"

"I'm just nervous."

Sometimes I can hold my expressions in, and I just know I let my face tell how I was feeling.

"Why?"

"What if someone remembers my scandal in Michigan?"

"You never really told me what had happened."

He grabs both of our plates and nods his head over to the dining table.

"I think we should sit down for this."