21. laying it all on the table

🚨ok guys I'm releasing a trigger warning rn...

Micaiah

I stared at Jordan as he continued to eat his dinner. My plate was still full because I was curious to know what this scandal was all about. Also, I could tell he avoided the conversation because he looked at everything else in the apartment except me. A loud growl projected out of my stomach, finally causing Jordan to look up at me. His droopy eyes stare at my plate before grabbing my fork that has been untouched throughout the course of dinner. Scooping up some rice, he holds it up to my mouth, but I keep it close.

"Here comes the airplane," he says in a baby voice.

I couldn't help but laugh because it was actually cute. I've been thinking, what if I was pregnant at my appointment? I think we would be good parents, and Jordan is such a sweetheart regarding kids. I saw him interacting with the little kids his dad coaches now, and my heart was melting the entire time.

Opening my mouth, he places the fork inside, and I intake the scoop of rice, chewing on the deliciousness I made. He gives me a small smile and grabs my hand rubbing the top of it. I can tell he's trying to bring up the courage to tell me whatever was about to spill out of his mouth. I place my hand on top of his so he can ease his nerves. I hope he knows whatever he was about to tell me that I won't judge him for it. I will help him through every step to overcome this life problem. After these few years, I can tell it still bothers him. This hanging over his head prevents him from moving on to the next step in his basketball career. 

I look down to take another bite of my food, but I quickly snap my head up when I hear sniffling. Tears ran down his face as it changed shades, similar to a tomato. He's shaking, and his grip on my hand gets tighter. Out of instinct, I cradle his head into my torso as he hugs my waist as tight as he can. 

"Shhhh it's ok," I caress his back.

"I didn't touch that girl. I swear I didn't," he sniffles. 

I bring his chin up, so his eyes meet mine and tell him to shower, and we'll talk about it in the bedroom. He nods his head and enters the bathroom that's in our room. My hands grab all the dishes and utensils from the table, place the dirty ones in the sink, and place the leftover food in their separate containers. Whatever this scandal was is obviously bad and has traumatized Jordan if he's breaking down like this. My dad knows about it because he is good friends with Jordan's dad, but didn't go into much detail. I always wonder why he hasn't, so I pulled out my phone clicked his name in my recent calls, and placed the phone up to my ear. He picks up on the third ring, which is surprising because I would expect him to be asleep right now.

"Hey baby girl."

"Hey dad," I smile.

"What's up why are you calling me this late."

"I just wanted to talk to you."

"What do you want to know? I know my child, and I know that you want to know something."

"Do you know what happened in Jordan's scandal you were telling me about?"

The line goes silent, and I hear him release a deep sigh.

"Baby I think you should hear it from Jordan first. I know it will sound bad, but hear him out because he needs the support. I'm going to say he didn't do it, but I will say he didn't do it. I know Jordan; he is a good man, and he doesn't have an ounce of evil in his bones that would make him do such things."

I nod my head and tell my dad goodnight and that I will see him tomorrow when I visit the house. The shower water is still running, so I quickly slip out of my clothes and join him before he gets out.