3. doing too much

Jordan

"After work I need you to get to Mr. Lawson's sporting goods and get a few more basketballs for the teams. Did you take off this weekend to help me with my eight and under."

"Yes sir."

Every now and then my dad has me be the assistant coach for some of the basketball teams that he has. I mainly help with the little kids because I love kids and hope to have my own someday. He tells me about the teenagers he has and he can keep it they get in mad trouble and I don't want any parts. I will square up with someone who is the same height as me I do not care.

I throw on my footlocker shirt and grab my keys heading out to our garage so I can go to this bullshit ass job.

Mickey

I was at the front counter marking up basketballs with the price gun. Today hasn't been that busy which is surprise but we did have a huge rush the whole weekend because of the sale we had. I'm just glad it's close to closing time and I'm very thankful that I don't close tonight. I barely close because my dad doesn't want his princess to be walking at night alone.

If I ever do close I'm either with him, the twins, or Mason. I heard the bell go off and I look up to see the one and only Jordan Poole. After he introduced himself the other day, I did a little research on Instagram and I mean he's not bad looking at all it's just going to take time for me to warm up to him.

Of course when he sees me he's smiling like a little kid on Christmas.

"If it isn't the most beautiful women in the world Miss. Mickey I didn't know you work here?"

"Well my last name is on the sign", I chuckle.

"Yeah I knew your pops owned the store but I didn't know you worked in here I'm sorry."

"Chill out I'm just fucking with you. What brings you in today....ankle braces since I broke yours the other day."

"Real funny no my dad needs me to pick up a few things from here and I was wondering if you could help me."

"Yeah of course."

Jordan

After we grabbed everything, Mickey started scanning out my items and putting them in bags. I noticed that her name tag had Micaiah on it and I guess she caught me staring because she's started coughing.

"I was just looking at your name tag I thought your name was Mickey?"

"That's just a nickname my government name is Micaiah."

"Wow that's really pretty", I smile.

"Thank you props to my mom."

"How has she been doing lately? My dad was telling me what's been going on."

"She's been doing ok the chemo makes her really tired but she loves the beanies I get her because they keep her head warm", she smiles.

I could tell that it was hard for her to talk about it so I just left it at that.

"Ok that will be $98.56."

I pull out the one hundred that my dad gave me and hand it to Mickey. She hands me back the change and tells Mason that she'll be back once she helps me put all this stuff in my car.

"Thank you for your help I really do appreciate it."

"It's the least I can do after disrespecting you on the court the other day."

"Ok you for real need to stop brining it up", I laugh.

"I'm sorry I'll stop."

"What time are your lunch breaks?"

"Why", she side eyes me.

"Because if it's cool with you I would like to take you out to lunch."

"I don't work tomorrow but I guess I can show up to your job and you get me something", she smiles.

"I guess it's a date then."

"A date!?!? You doing too much", she laughs.

"Yeah just wait till we go on a real date mark my words you'll be begging to be with me."

"Alright you're most definitely doing too much."

"I'll chill out but can I give you a hug? It's to show my appreciating for you helping me in there."

She playfully rolls her eyes and opens her arms connecting to my body. I knew she was tall but I wasn't expecting her to be at my collarbone I mean her whole family is tall so its not really a surprise.

"Why are you being so nice all of a sudden?"

"I did a little research on you on Instagram and you're not that bad of a guy"

"Wow you're stalking me?"

"Relax I didn't say all of that."

I look up and see her brothers looking at us through the window and whispering among each other. I'm cool with all of them and I understand that they're just very protective of their little sister. She saw my attention was on them and as soon as she turned around they moved away from the window.

"I should be heading out my dad is probably wondering what is taking me so long."

"Yeah tell your dad I said hello."

"Will do and I'll see you tomorrow at noon at the avenue."

"Yeah", she smiles waving at me.

Mickey

After Jordan drove off I walk back into the store to see my brothers and dad staring at me.

"What?"

"You're blushing", Mason teases pinching my cheek.

"Stop."

"I like Jordan he's really nice comes from a respectable family it's just a shame what happened to him when it came time to go to the draft."

"What happened", I grew interested.

"He got caught up with some scandal that had nothing to do with him."

"So how did that prevent him from getting drafted?"

"Whenever called the tip in was good I'm talking about they were good all their evidence made it seem like Jordan was apart of it."

"That's strange."

"Yeah but babygirl I wouldn't mind if he became my son in law."

"Dad!"

"I'm just saying and your brothers agree with me."

I literally just met this man a few days ago despite him knowing my dad and brothers it's too soon to jump into a relationship with him.