22. moving forward

Micaiah
It's the next morning and I've barely gotten any sleep. I was all night comforting Jordan because he kept waking up through the night. Talking about the situation most definitely brought back the trauma which caused the nightmares he was having last night. I'm honestly scared. First I learn that my mom probably won't have that much time to live and now my boyfriend was sexually assaulted and lied on in college.

I need a drink. Matter of fact I think I will fix myself one.

Slipping out of his grip I walk into the kitchen tying my robe on my body. I grab a wine glass and the Stella Rosa pink we had and took a seat on the couch. I turned Jordan into a wine girly so we got a red and white bottle up there. As I take a sip Jordan walks out of the bedroom grabbing himself a wine glass before pouring some Stella pink in there. He clinks my glass before taking a sip out of it and placing his head on my shoulder.

"How are you?"

"Not ok", he mumbled.

"You want to talk about it?"

I watch as he place his glass down and I follow his actions giving him my undivided attention. I can tell he's trying to muster up the confidence to say what he wants to say. My hands overtake his and rub the top of them so he can calm down.

"Take all the time you need baby."

He takes a deep breath before looking up at me and I can tell he's hurting. This is normally a day off for Jordan, but I called my dad telling him I need a few days because something happened and I needed to be here for him. My dad didn't question it and told me to take as much time as we need.

"How do I move forward in my life knowing that this happened to me?"

"How do you want to move forward baby?"

My eyes watch as he bites his lip trying to come up with ways to overcome this obstacles in his life.

"I want to tell my parents and your parents. I think having them in my corner will help me. I want to see a therapist so I can get professional help. Just from last night I can tell that just talking to family about it isn't going to be enough. There's also something else I want to do."

"Baby whatever it is I'm going to support you one hundred percent."

"I was to sue Ansley for defamation of character and get her charged for rape."

• • •

After doing some extensive research we found a good lawyer in the area who specializes in situations like this. He was actually shocked to see Jordan in his office because he's been following his situation since it happened.

"Before we build our case, Jordan do you still have your papers from the hospital? The ones where your drug test came back positive for rohypnol."

"Yes sir I kept everything."

"And witnesses? You got a few people in mind son."

"Yeah I still talk to my friends from college majority of the people from the party can vouch for me and talk about Ansley's behavior change."

"That's good that's really good. Micaiah how do you feel about all of this?"

"I'm upset at what she did because it costs him his future, but-"