Chapter 13

*Time skip to the train
Psa: they have already seen Draco going to Borgin & Burkes*

Haiden, Hermione and Ron made their way into the train looking for a compartment when they bumped into none other than Draco Malfoy. Haiden frowned though not because of Malfoy's sneer but because his mate was on suppressants and had on a glamour (appearance altering illusion). Haiden understood ofcourse because he too had a glamour on but having his mate so close to him but not recognise him still did make him uneasy.

{*A/N - Draco doesn't realise/recognise Haiden's glamour or that they're mates because 1. He's (Draco) on suppressants and that dulls the senses and instincts of his CH
2. Haiden's magic is much much stronger than his (or anyone in magic world really) and therefore cannot be detected or dispelled.*}

Nevertheless, in true Potter-Malfoy fashion, they exchanged snide remarks and the two trios walked off.  The golden trio found themselves a compartment as they shut the door and settled themselves. Haiden realised that Hermione and Ron have both agreed among themselves to not bring up the incident that happened only a few minutes prior and he decided to not bring the topic up until later. They fill the silence with small talk about the upcoming year until Hermione takes out a book and Ron goes out to look for the cart.

'Now is a good time to test them' Haiden thinks as he waits for his best friend to come back. After about ten minutes Ron comes back with enough sweets to feed the entire gryffindor house. Seeing that Hermione sighs but takes some and turns back to her book as Ron offers some to Haiden. "I was thinking…" Haiden starts after accepting the sweets. "Yes, Harry?" Hermione says looking up from the book as Ron just nods, mouth stuffed with sweets. "Don't you think that Malfoy's acting a little strange?" He continues looking at his friends' eyes. "Well, he was being a nasty git earlier and that's bloody natural of him so I don't know what you mean, mate" Ron says disgust clear in his tone. "I don't think anything is strange about him, Harry. Malfoy is..well Malfoy. I think you're reading too much into things." Hermione says.

'I have to admit that is good acting but they are talking about my mate which is pissing me off' Haiden thought keeping the frown off his face. 'Then again they don't know that so it's useless to feel angry towards them.' he sighed. "We saw him in Borgin & Burkes with Bellatrix and he was clutching his forearm. There has to be something going on" Haiden said, faking a frustrated tone. "Harry you can't possibly be thinking- ! Even Malfoy wouldn't dare come into Hogwarts with that- isn't that going a bit too far?" Hermione said, looking alarmed at Haiden's suggestion. 'That is a good argument considering Dumbledore somehow made the entire wizarding world believe that my father is afraid of that senile old goat.'

"You're right, Hermione. I'm just being paranoid. I'll try to catch some sleep" Haiden said, both Ron and Hermione nodded. 'Well, it seems like they passed the test.' Haiden thought as he closed his eyes.

___________________________________________