Chapter 4 - In which X is confused

"The child thinks he's safe. hah. Pitiful." A watcher chuckled. "But, soon we will be able to take the server, then him."

"Won't that draw attention sir? The weaklings have a mindspace communication set up." another one replied.

"Silence. I have a plan. Do you doubt me, Xan?"  They responded

"Of course not, Zin."

"Then, get Yandas and go to the void to get the prisoner, and prepare to deploy, I hope we can avoid, but backups may be necessary on the off chance Kindas fails."

"Code EX or code HLS?"

"Code EX but be prepared on the chance we need HLS."

"But isn't Prisoner - Code: EX known to be-?"

"Yes. Use the control on the off chance of deployment, we've done it before."

"V-Very well."

It had been a few hours since he'd spoken with Pearl. He was mining, as he needed more iron and diamonds, when his communicator went off. He checked it, and it was from X. He opened up the global chat to see the message

<Xisumavoid> Everyone please take care. It has come to my attention that there was a slight spike of watcher magic again last night, it's likely nothing, but I just wanted to update you on it.

<Welsknight> Okay, thank you Xisuma :D

<PearlescentMoon> I'll be careful, don't worry.

<Docm77> Do you know what this means?

<MumboJumbo> What do you mean Doc?

<Docm77> Well, It happened again. That means it wasn't a one time thing. The barrier isn't blocking it. And what happened the first time this happened? Grian came. And now he's here, it happened again.

<MumboJumbo> Doc, he's done nothing. The watchers are behind this.

<PearlescentMoon> Yeah, if you're implying he's helping them, why would he help people who kidnapped him.

<MumboJumbo> Wait he was kidnapped by the watchers-

<PearlescentMoon> Yeah... they took him in Evo before it got destroyed.

Xelqua shivered at this, tapping a reply.

<Grian> Talking about me? Don't you know it's rude to talk about someone behind their back?

<PearlescentMoon>  Oh hey Grian- I thought they knew...-

<Grian> Pearl, please don't spill ALL my secrets without me lol, gotta keep an air of mystery around me

<PearlescentMoon> I'm sorry-

<Grian> Na it's fine

<MumboJumbo> I didn't know you were taken by the watchers- Are you okay?

<Grian> You should be asking them if THEY'RE okay lol. They didn't particularly enjoy my stay

X glanced at the communicator, seeing Grian's messages. He sighed. Something was up with the new player... He was clearly acting. He wasn't that happy-go-lucky, X could tell that much... Were the scars from the watchers? He'd heard the watchers left oddly purple-tinted scars though... Pearl had shown him the ones they had left. And Grian had been so afraid- He'd just stared at them... And why hadn't he told them about the watchers? Maybe he didn't want to scare them? Or had the watchers erased his memory, and the scars might be from another thing? 

Xisuma sighed, opening the admin panels again to check the code. He decided to check the player's files in case. Clicking through them, he clicked on Grian's to find something odd. It was written in a foreign language he recognized as Galactic, which he was unable to easily read. X puzzled over this for a minute, before deciding to ask HQ if it was worth decoding, or if it'd be a waste of time. He started to write the report on the new events on the server, as admins were required, when his communicator buzzed with a private message.

<???> ⍑ᒷ'ᓭ ∴ᔑ ℸ ̣ ᓵ ⍑╎リ⊣

He puzzled over this for a second. Players couldn't hide their name when messaging. He paused, before replying.

<XisumaVoid> Huh?

<???> ↸𝙹 リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ∷⚍ᓭℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᒲ

Galactic - X recognized the language, the tongue of the watchers. it made him shiver. But it was likely some sort of prank... Someone found some sort of exploit

<XisumaVoid>This prank wasn't funny, whoever you are.

<???> ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ╎ᓭ リ𝙹 !¡∷ᔑ リꖌ. ↸𝙹 リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ʖᒷꖎ╎ᒷ⍊ᒷ ╎⎓ ||𝙹⚍ ∴ᔑ リℸ ̣ ,_, ʖ⚍ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ╎ᓭ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ. ⍑ᒷ ╎ᓭ ∴ᔑ ℸ ̣ ᓵ ⍑╎リ⊣. ⊣╎⍊ᒷ ⍑╎ᒲ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⚍ᓭ,_, ⎓𝙹∷ ||𝙹⚍∷ 𝙹∴リ ᓭᔑ ⎓ᒷℸ ̣ ||.

He rolled his eyes, blocking the account from messaging him, before starting his report for the head admins.

A/N:

We're getting into it! I'm sorry for the galactic, but I've been too kind with the galactic lately :D

WC: 741 (Sorry for the shorter chapter, I haven't been updating a lot so I wanted to give you more, also it was the best place to cut the chapter in the doc!)

- Xera