Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I and Kate went outside into see the sun slowly setting in the distance. It looked like we were in some kind of movie, the scene was so perfect.

“Does your Granddad really own all this?” Kate asked as we both took in the view in front of us.

“Yer, pretty unbelievable right” I replied turning to walk down the steps to the gardens.

“You're telling me” Kate said following me, smiling.

It was still busy out in the garden but it looked like most people had gone inside. I loved this time of the year when the sun is setting but it’s still hot outside. It doesn't happen here in England a lot, maybe just for a week or two then the heavens open.

“You want to go explorer a little, in the gardens?” I asked

“Yer sure”

“Cool, I've never been here before so I don't know where I'm going” I laughed “I hope we don't get lost”

Kate laughed as well as we started heading around the garden looking at all the wild flowers.

“I've never been somewhere like this before. It's amazing, I want to get it all in so I don't forget anything” Kate said.

“Yer makes me wish I brought my camera' I said walking passed the fountain I was looking at earlier when I was with Chris.

Where is Chris? I wondered still with Jess?

Just thinking of them both together hurt so much. Them talking together, laughing together, holding hands together, well anything that just brought them both 'together' hurt me. I can't see how I’m going to get over this, it just hurts so much. Being in love with him but seeing him happy with another.

Unrequited love is a Bitch!

“I really like your dress” Kate said.

“Thanks it's nothing amazing. Just from H&M” I smiled. I knew that compared to some of the other people that are here, Kate wouldn't judge me on where I got my clothes, even if her dress looked ten times more expensive than mine.

“Oh I love that shop I used to go in there like every day before work but started spending way too much money”

“I know I just wish they had a store card but saying that I would be in more debt... I like your dress, it’s really pretty. Where did you get it?”

It really was a beautiful dress. It was cream with different layers and puffy. It was gorgeous and she looked great in it. Kate was the same hit as me maybe just a little shorter and she was thinner.

“Jay brought it for me. He said that he wanted me looking respectable to his friends and family so he brought me this. I think it's from Ralph Lauren. It’s so much money I'm scared to eat or drink anything on it just in case”

I had to say I didn't like Jay right now. At the table he was a nice enough guy but he acted a bit fake and stiff. The way he was to Kate didn't seem affectionate atoll. Kate needed to relax. I knew I wasn't the right person to say that after being so tense earlier today but still, I liked Kate and I wanted her to have a good time. I grabbed to glasses of Pimms from the table and walked back over to Kate.

“Don't worry about it. What will be will be” I said trying lighting the mood.

Kate laughed at me and took the drink out of my hands. “Thanks but I still wish I was wearing something of mine. I don't really feel myself in this dress”