Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Leah

"Nan!" I yelled jumping up and walking over to my Nana, who always looked great in her M&S finest. Nan was like me in the way that she didn't need expensive clothes to make her happy and enjoyed just shopping down the high streets.

She hugged me tightly and said "You look lovely Hun, honestly you look thinner. Are you ok? You have been eating properly right?"

She was always worried about me. Nana and Granddad always say "Living in London is very bad for you. Come and live with us" as tempting as it would be, living back with my Grandparents, I would hate what my Mum and Dad would think and say. "Oh I know she couldn't live on her own. It was only time before she came running back" and I didn't want to prove them right.

"Yes Nana, I have" I replied

"Well you look great" she said kindly looking me up and down.

Thinking about it I have lost a little weight over the months, very since I started walking to work. It was always cars, buses and trains but only recently, my landlord told me the rent to my apartment has gone up and everything else in this bloody country, I'm finding myself penniless.

Don't get me wrong Christian pays me well, I mean for most receptionists in London I'm not doing bad at all. But when I first left my parents I started off with nothing as my Dad cut me off and I didn't want to take my Granddads money. Even if he had so much of it. So I got out a few Loans from the banks and with the interest adding and the cost of living in London I've managed to get myself into some... well allot of debt.

So I decided to walk allot of places and cut back of the amount I spend on transport. And food.

Yeah it makes me tired and sometimes if we work late in the office I get the train or Chris gets one of his drivers to drive me. Which is nice of him, but I guess I'm killing two birds with one stone. Saving money and losing weight.

"I am between a 12 and 14 now so I guess that's good for me' I said

"It's not just that love, it's something else. I can't tell but you look... happier. Your face is glowing. Wait you're not pregnant are you?" she said in a shocked voice and putting her hand on my belly. Yeah because she would be able to tell if I was pregnant by doing that! Hint the sarcasm

'No Nan. I'm not pregnant" I said rolling my eyes and moving her hand away.

"But is there someone... are you in love or something" my Nan said in a joking voice.

I'm kind of used to her asking this question but in the last year I've found it so hard to lie to her.

I looked into her eyes thinking if I should just tell her the truth. It would be nice if someone could help me get over Chris, if they can. Just to have someone, to tell me what I should do.

How would I tell her that I have serious issues with, being in love with my sister's boyfriend? That is also my boss. That is also my Granddads business partner.

I can't tell her or anyone this. I need to get over it myself. If I can just 'get over it'. I've laid in bed so many nights thinking to myself that;

This is it! I am no longer going to be in love with Christian Howard! It is just a crush and will only lead to heartache, on my side. You don't Love him, you don't.

Then by the next day at work I would be thinking the same thing as before. I'm not in love with him. It was just a silly little crush. Done!

Then Chris would walk in and give one of his amazing smiles that make girls go weak and the knees and I know I can't lie to myself.