Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Leah 

We played for about two hours running around with the guys chasing us. I missed count how many times Chris just lifted me like I was as light as a feather beating me every time I got hold of the ball. The guys were stronger but some of us were faster... or they were just letting us win.

"Right it's the last running and we got to win. If we lose Ben will be gloating all week" Paul pulled us all into a group huddle as we all panted from running around out of breath.

"What do we do then?" I tried to say.

"Right, Gemma you use your wifey charms on your husband, Lilly I want you to fake a twisted ankle on Connor making them both lose focus. Kate, I want you to hold your arms like this and pretend you got the ball so Jake follows you around in circles and I'll take the pretty boy down" pretty boy meaning Ben I would think.

"What about me?" I asked to hope that I didn't have to do anything important.

"Put this under your dress," He said showing me the rugby ball, I looked at him as if he was crazy. "Look put this under your dress and then they won't see that you got it, they'll think that Kate does and then you will slow walk over to the endpoint and then win for us"

"What makes you think that Chris will just let me walk over there?" the whole game Chris had his eye on me like a hock.

"Well use your charms as well" he smiled passing the ball closer to me smirking. I thought about it for a bit and looked around at them all looking at me. I rolled my eyes and put the ball under my dress without the others looking.

"Fine"

We all walked back over to the starting point, Kate pretending she had the ball, Lilly limping over and Gemma blowing kisses at Karl.

"Ready. Set. Go" Then it started Kate started running around with Jake fast on her tail going in circles, Gemma jumped on Karl and started kissing him. His mind was not on the game and Lilly was on the grass with Connor holding her foot making sure she wasn't badly hurt. Paul had Ben pinned down and was looking around to make sure everything was going to plan.

"Leah run!" he said, I forgot that I was meant to do something, so I started running to the back near the goal but was quickie stopped when Chris was in my way smirking.

"What's your plan then shorty?" he said moving closer to me. Think... think Paul said to use my charms I didn't think I had any.

"Oh, I haven't got a plan. Paul didn't trust me with one so I thought I'd come to see you" I said moving closer to his body.

"Really?" he smirked as I casually walked around him, to him he would just think I was playing around but really I needed to be on the other side so he wasn't in my way to the goal.

"Really, really. So have you had fun tackling me around all afternoon?"

"You bet, I was thinking..." He got interrupted just as Jake shouted

"It's a trick, Kate hasn't got the ball!" he shouted lying on the floor with Kate under him. This was my queue, as Chris was turned the other way I started running, taking the ball from under my dress in the most un-ladylike manner, I just started running clutching tight on the ball.

"Hey!" Chris yelled at me but I just kept running and when I got to the end I felt my body flying to the floor with arms wrapped around me. Chris was on top of me on the floor. I didn't run fast enough, he was too quick.

I hope the others weren't too upset with me but I couldn't bring myself to be upset at that moment because Chris had me in his arms and our bodies were so close again.