Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Leah

I was walking down the hall when I heard a woman's voice coming from around the corner.

"Tommy!" a lady shouted. "Tommy! Come back here" I heard again this time noticing the woman's American accent. From down the hall, I saw a tall blonde woman running in her high heels catching after a little boy with the same blonde hair.

I feel like I've seen her before but I can't remember where or how? Maybe from TV or in magazines? She was very pretty with slim features, with long blonde shiny hair and big figures. She had big bold eyes and full pink lips, she was stunning. I wish I looked like that.

The little boy came running towards me but dumped into my legs as he wasn't looking where he was going. I court him before he fell on the floor.

"Oh, careful their sweetheart," I said to the little boy.

"Sorry," she said smiling at me. I knew her! I know I did. "He's been running around like crazy all week, haven't you little man," she said pulling him up to her and playing with his hair.

"It's ok honest" I smiled back to her.

"Don't I know you?" she asked. I knew it, I know her!

"That's what I've been thinking but I can't work out how" I laughed.

"Same! Maybe we just saw each other last night or maybe at another party. I'm forever going to these parties now. It's hard to keep up with who you meet" she said adjusting the little boy in her arms.

"I know what you mean. So how do you know Rupert?" I asked not really knowing why I called Granddad Rupert.

"I've known him for about six years but haven't really got to see much from him. I'm him..." she was about to say when someone called a name loud from the hallway.

"Jaz... Tommy!" I can only just make out the guy from the end of the hall and as he gets closer I see it's my cousin, Joseph.

"It's ok Jo I've got him," the woman said turning round to see him smiling. I see him let out a large sigh of relief. "This lovely lady helped me stop him" she past Tommy into Joseph's arms and it was then that it hit me. This is Jaz, Joseph's wife. I only met her once or twice and once was on their wedding day.

"This is my cousin, Jaz don't you remember Leah?" he said smiling at me. I forget that Joseph is a good guy, it's just thinking about the family and his evil brother puts me off.

His Mum and Dad where good enough people, hard and firm but well enough. It was only when Alex and Jess started lies about me that made them dislike me so much.

Jaz turned back around at me and looked me up and down shocked.

"Oh my God, it is you! Wow, you look so grown up. Oh sorry I don't want to sound patronising you just look so different, in a good way"

"Thank you, you both look great too. This must be your son! Hi," I said looking at the little boy who laughed at me and moved all-around in his Dads arms.

"Yeah, he's a little terror. Tommy this is your Auntie Leah" Joseph said. It surprised me that he called me that, Auntie.

"Leah...Leah...Leaheee" little Tommy sang and we all laughed.

"Well come on you, we better get you bathed and put to bed" Jaz took Tommy from his Dad witch took some work I could tell and then turned back to me. "I'll see you tonight at the family meal?" she asked.

"Hmmm... No, I'm not going" I answered giving them both a little smile tiring to sound that I didn't mind not going to the 'family' meal.

"Oh, why? All the families going" she said. Jaz must not know about our family and what they think of me.