Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Leah

I was driving Nan's Mini Cooper that Granddad brought her. I was very jealous I loved this car. I had finally stopped crying and controlled myself when I was driving along the countryside's, listening to Westlife I started crying again.

Why do we do that? When you're upset you listen to upsetting music which just makes you more depressed. Normally I listen to something rocky but believe it or not that's not the type of music my Nan has in her car.

It was raining heavily now but in this new car, everything was so easy to drive. I could see a small figure in the rain on the side of the road waiting at the bus stop. When I got closer the figure looked really familiar but through the rain, I couldn't make out who it was. I slowed down to see if I could make out who it was standing there with a suitcase on the floor next to them.

Coming to a full stop I was shocked to see Kate standing in the rain-soaked through.

"Oh, God! Kate?" I called, she jumped but when she saw it was me she looked so relieved about moving to my window. "Get in!". She jumped in the car after putting her case in the boot.

"What the hell? What are you doing out there?"

"It's a long story. What are you doing out here?" she asked back.

"It's a long story" I repeated. "Where are you going?" I asked adjusting the heat for her to get warm and started driving again.

"Back to London, you?" she asked I looked at her and saw her eyes were as red as mine and I think she thought the same by the look she was giving me.

"Same but I'm making a stop at my Nan and Granddad's you want to come?" I asked.

"Thank you" she smiled sadly at me then sighing. I started driving again turning the heating up higher to help Kate get warm.

"Ok. So tell me what happened?" I asked seeing as we have two hours to kill.

"They know. Jakes parents, they know everything, Jay being gay, me being paid to be his girlfriend, me and Jake" she said the last bit in a whisper.

"God, how did they take it?" I asked.

"Well, they were shocked, upset that Jay didn't tell them before about him being gay and knew that they would love he not matter what. But they were more annoyed about him bringing me into the family and lying to everyone. His mother hates me" She said sadly.

"I bet that's not true," I said no one could hate Kate she's too sweet.

"She called me a 'money-grabbing whore' and some other stuff about warming my way into her family"

"Oh," I said

"Told you. Wait it gets better, the whole family was there when everyone found out and Jake didn't like the way that his Mum was talking about me so he said something's, which then lead to them finding out about me and Jake. Jay went mental, Lilly had a few things to say, then his Mum went off about how I wasn't good enough for her sons and everything was my fault" her voice was getting quieter and breaking a little.

"Oh, Kate," I said squeezing her hand.

"Jake kept defending me and telling them all that we were going to be together but his Mum said she'll never talk to him again"

"...and what did he say?"

"He just kept shouting at her telling her, he wasn't letting me go and if she never speaks to him again that's her loss. I didn't listen to the rest, I just left" I could see the tears rolling down her cheek as she turned to look out the window.