XXII | Captain Hardrock

You walked down the street on your way to Juleka's house. Plagg looked around to see if anyone were around before peaking his head out the fanny pack. "Are you excited to see your little crush?" Plagg teased, making puppy eyes and tilting slightly to the side.

"Plagg!" You glared at him. "You're walking a little too fast for someone who doesn't have a crush on a particular girl there." You slowed down your walking pace while rolling your eyes at Plagg.

"Yeah, I'm excited to see Marinette." You let out.

Your phone beeped twice in your pocket. You took it out seeing one message from Nino and another from Adrien. Nino asked if you were already on your way. Before you could respond back, he called you. You answered the phone with a quick "hello."

"Where are you?" Nino asked.

"Uhh, I'm like five minutes away." You responded.

"Okay, I was just wondering... see you when you get here dude." Nino hung up.

After that you opened the message from Adrien.

"My father isn't allowing me to go. I have to stay at home and practice my piano." Adrien sent with a frowny face. You replied with an apology, hoping his father would change his mind and let him come.

By the time you shut off your phone, you were standing in front of the Couffaine ship. Everyone greeted you as you stepped on the ship. Marinette stood across from you next to Alya, with her usual flustered look.

"Y-[Y/N]! I'm so glad you made it!" Marinette waved exaggeratedly. Alya walked away slowly leaving you two be. Neither you or Marinette noticed anyway.

"Yeah! I was so excited to see you!" You quickly backtracked. "And to see the group perform."

Marinette looked away. "R-right! I was excited to see the group too..." Marinette scratched the back of her neck, an awkward silence filling the air.

"Do you want to sit next to me?" You asked, gesturing towards the seats already set up. Marinette nodded with a warm smile. You took Marinette's hand in yours leading her to the seats. From the corner of your eye you'd seen Alya smirking at you before turning away to talk to Nino.

You didn't let go of Marinette's hand when you two were already sat down; instead, you pretended like you hadn't even noticed. Marinette looked at your intertwined hands, then at you, seeming to pretend like she didn't notice, though she made it more obvious.

"Ima go get my brother real quick then we can play." You heard Juleka say to Rose, then walked away.

Nino and Alya took the seats next to Marinette. It being you, Marinette, Alya, then Nino. You wished Adrien could've made it too.

Alya glanced down at your connecting hands and gasped. "Are you two holding hands?!" She shouted.

Marinette instantly pulled her hand away from yours, going back to her embarrassed state. "Ah! No! We weren't doing anything!" Marinette dismissed Alya. She sat up with her hands on her knees and her cheeks slightly puffed out, her whole focus was on the band.

"They're back!" Rose yelled, pointing at Juleka and another boy with boy hair coming out. Juleka mumbled something, then Rose spoke up for Juleka. "This is her brother, Luka." Luka waved looking at you all, then headed up the small stage.

Mylene held her hand out with four sets of earplugs. "Here. You're going to need these, believe me!" You each took a set putting them in.

Luka strummed his guitar, a sending an earthshaking vibration throughout Paris. Multiple helicopters, boats, and police cars surrounded the the boat. "Mrs. Anarka, are you completely out of your mind? I'm reading one hundred sixty decibels! That's ten times the sound of a jet engine! You can't do this! You'll have to play something else!" Officer Roger spoke through a megaphone.