XXV | Red Claws

Today was an exciting day. Today the class was going on a field trip to a bug museum. It's for the next unit Ms. Mendeleiev was going to get into, about insects. You hurriedly packed things in your fanny pack, since you wouldn't be needing an entire backpack. Plagg let out a huff, glaring at you and crossing his arms. You sighed. "Yes, Plagg? Is there a problem?"

"If you keep putting stuff in my fanny pack, I won't have any room to relax!" Plagg flew in the fanny pack taking out some of the stuff you'd just placed inside it. "I'll have you know, this is not just your fanny pack, Plagg. It's ours!" You replied. "But, fine. I'll take out a few of the unnecessary things."

Plagg uncrossed his arms looking happier now. "Thank you." You clipped the fanny pack around your waist allowing Plagg to fly inside.

"Are you ready for the field trip?" Your mom asked, setting a plate of breakfast out for you. "Yeah! I'm really excited!"

"Where was it you said you were going?" Your dad wondered. "An insect museum. It's a place with insect researchers and what not." Your dad hummed nodding. "Well, you better stay aware the whole time." You dad walked behind you imitating a spider crawling on your bag. "Or the bugs are gonna gang up on you!"

"Dad!" You laughed, pushing his hands away from you. He laughed with you, walking away so he could get ready for work. You finished breakfast, putting the empty plate in the sink. "I'm off to school now!" You called to your dad. "Bye! Have a good field trip!"

"Bye, mom." Your mom kissed your cheek waving you off.

You quickly jogged to school, everyone was already waiting outside for the bus to arrive. "Yo!" Nino waved you over to where he, Adrien, Alya, and Marinette stood. "Alya and I are gonna sit together." Nino told you. "So, you gotta pick if you want to sit next to Marinette or Adrien."

Adrien quickly spoke. "You can sit by Marinette! I can find someone else to sit by." Adrien winked subtly so only you could see. Soon, you heard Chloe's voice squeal from a distance. "Adrikins! I want you to sit by me!" Chloe tackled Adrien into a hug almost falling to the ground. "Uh..." Adrien hesitated. "Or... you can sit with me." You turned around seeing Lila smirking towards Adrien.

"Oh! Hi, Lila!" You smiled as Lila pulled you away from Marinette, bringing you into a hug. "Oh, [Y/N]! I'm so happy to see you! You can sit by me too if you want!" You scratched the back of your neck looking back at Marinette. "Well, there's only two seats for each row, so we can't all sit together, but it's okay! I'm happy sitting next to Marinette." Lila groaned, walking away from you with a pout. As she walked next by Marinette, she bumped shoulders with Marinette, who didn't look pleased.

"What about me?!" Chloe crossed her arms. Sabrina tapped her shoulder shyly. "You can sit next to me, Chloe." Chloe sighed. "Fine. it'll do for now."

Everyone took their seats on the bus waiting for the teacher to get on. Marinette took the window seat while you sat next to her. Adrien and Lila sat in the seats across from you and Nino and Alya sat in the seats in front of you. Ms. Mendeleiev stood in the front of the bus with a clipboard on hand about to give instructions. "Excuse me, everyone. Today we're going on a field trip and I need you all to be on your best behavior. Since this trip is for educational purposes, I would like you to write two paragraphs about what you saw and learned today." Everyone groaned. "I'll give you a paper when we get there." Ms. Mendeleiev sat down in the seat up front, seconds after the bus started driving off.

Everyone happily conversed with each other, while you pulled out your phone and headphones to listen to music. Marinette turned to you, seeing you put one headphone piece in. "Do you wanna listen to music with me?" You offered your other piece to Marinette, who gladly took it, putting it in her own ear. You played your favorite song, taping your finger on the seats armrest. Marinette quietly hummed to the song, leaning to the side closer to you, her head almost completely laying on your shoulder.