«24» ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

© Masashi Kishimoto

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"YOU ARE?..." A Man awkwardly started, staring at the young girl in front of the gates of KARA.

Little Inomi seems confused about the situation she was in— but she decided to play along with him.

"I'm Hikari." She said, politely bowing her head towards the Man. "I've come in peace, perhaps— this should convince you." She handed him a letter, containing an unknown message.

The man's suspicions rose up but he remained silent, taking the letter away from her hand. He opened the letter slowly— starting off by ripping out the seal.

He wasn't ready on what was going to happen next.

Like a Kunai pressed on his neck. He slowly glanced at the side— to see none other than Uchiha Sasuke.

"There's no use to resist." The Uchiha stated coldly. "Or would you rather preferred to die with an explosive."

He then looked at his hand— to see the letter that turned out to be a paper bomb, with unusual letter.

"Accept my letter— Take it as an invitation to accept my Student to this Organization." Sasuke continued, pressing the kunai deeper. His neck started to bleed at that moment.

"What do you need from me?"

"Kids have been reported missing over the past years— turns out the place that they've been taken in was here." Inomi budged in, The Man turned to her in surprise. "We have come to save them, unless.. they have died."

"You're too late, unfortunately." He said, now it was Sasuke and Inomi's turn to gasp in surprise.

"I can't tell you what happened.. I have a position to Maintain." He stated. "Call me Koji from now on.. I have no choice but to rely my plans on your Student, Uchiha."

He smirked in amusement. "That's a deal."

~

"Kawaki is his name?" Inomi asked Koji who was sharpening his kunai beside her. He hummed in response— she took that as a yes.

She took a good look at the file settled on the table. Turns out he was one of the survivors that had taken complete control of Karma.

Now it was her turn to take care of him. He was just about Two years older than her— what caught her attention the most was his hair.

"This would take years to keep him away from the Inners but.. we can pull it off." Inomi smiled, closing the folder. Koji turned to her and kept silent for a few seconds.

"What makes you say that? Without.. any sacrifices?"

"I trust you and Amado." She smiled at him. "I'm here to help aren't I? Even if I die in this situation— I'll do anything to help Kawaki. He's.. now an important person to me."

"Just like the others.. my mission is to protect people from evil."

As she said that, Koji held her hand— with a worried expression on his face. She was surprised to see that coming from him.

"Hikari.. I can't make it out of this alive— your Shinobi pride... Is exactly want I wanted to hear." He started  off, then he took off his mask. "I'm just a clone aren't I? No one will ever recognize me as myself."

Inomi stared at him in awe, sighing as she patted his back. "Jiraiya.. was a great Sannin. Just as you are.. right now."