«7» THE MASTERMIND FROM THE SHADOW

[Edited]

"IS EVERYTHING SETTLED?!" Inomi yelled as she put on her white coat, and she wore a mask on. The nurses rushed and rushed, setting up the emergency room.

After Inomi heard about the Incident again, with Sumire and the others injured due to another rampage—  she immediately went to the Konoha Hospital. Her vision was getting blurry as tears coated her eyes.

Her students were in danger.

She tied her hair in a bun, before she got to work.

The Yamanaka hardly bitten her thumb as blood dripped down her fingers. She didn't show a single pained expression. That said, she started to create a seal on her students' abdomen.

"Sumire, Wasabi, Namida... Please hang in there!" Inomi reminded as she saw them losing consciousness. She scratched that aside, finally finishing her seal. There were still a few patients on the other side, but she knew that Sakura got that covered.

She went to a clean desk, getting a spare scroll on the shelves. She rolled the scroll on the table, The Yamanaka started to perform the same seal that she did earlier. She turned to the fellow nurses with furrowed eyebrows, they started to move on the corner, turning off the lights.

She placed both of her hands on the scroll, as it started to glow mint green, same as the seals placed on the children's stomach.

"Hang in there..." Inomi sighed— she clung to the belief that she felt their bodies were beginning to replenish energy from the pain.

~

"CLASS REP, ARE YOU OKAY?!" Boruto abruptly walked in, a panicked expression painted on his face. He heard about Sumire's team getting injured after that sudden incident.

-Metal did get squished between the metal door and the wall when Boruto walked in the Hospital room.

"Boruto.." Sumire looked towards the Uzumaki's direction, with a small frown expression on her face. She was laying down the bed, surrounded by the Class with Shino-sensei.

"Are you okay?" Boruto wasn't convinced by her response. He walked towards the poor lady, with a frown on his face.

Sumire smiled as she answered him softly. "I'm fine!"

Boruto was feeling guilty about what happened. It was for sure that he was blaming himself that he didn't stopped it.

"Don't worry about me, It was just graze.."

No. Boruto thought, he wasn't fooled by her statement. It made him more guilty about himself.

He bowed to the Kakei, holding onto his grief. "I'm sorry!"

"If I'd been more on the ba—!"

"You're not responsible for this, Boruto.." Sumire cut him off, softly smiling at him yet again, it was hard to convince him that it wasn't his fault.

Even though it wasn't his fault..

"No, You're wrong!" Boruto protested, clenching his fists.

"Come on, you're scaring the Class Rep.." Wasabi worriedly remarked. She walked together with Namida, wearing Hospital gowns and bandages that patched their slight bruises on their faces.

Boruto was about to start protesting again. There he saw their Yamanaka-sensei, slumbering on the empty desk. Wasabi noticed where he was staring at, as she placed a hand on her hip.

"Don't worry, Inomi-sensei is exhausted. If it weren't for her, we would be dead meat.." Wasabi mumbled. Boruto was still speechless, as he remembered the time she lectured them about Medical Ninjutsu.