«28» ENTER: A MOTH OF THE PAST

A/n: based from the manga; Also Inojin and Inomi bonding chapter.

"THAT'S CODE." Inomi pointed to the paper handed to Naruto. "Details are already displayed in that paper, Hokage-Sama."

Naruto smiled at her and nodded. "Thank you Inomi-san."

"Konoha patrols recently launched several incursion ops on the Kara base, but they all failed." Shikamaru informed the other Kages from the Computer.

"From what I have collected and known about.." Inomi continued. "Kara bases are located in other dimensions... Though this could be located by transfer portals scattered around."

"Patrols have recently reported that they all either don't activate or they are damaged." The Nara muttered under his breath.

"There's already a possibility that this investigation has failed... It's that he may or may not know that Amado-San is already with us in Konoha." The Yamanaka rubbed her chin.

"... So that's their only base?" Kurotsuchi cocked her eyebrow from the screen. "There aren't any related facilities?"

"So far... From that's the only base I have been in." Inomi muttered and glanced at Shikamaru.

"We're still tracking leads based on Amado's intel but..." The Nara furrowed his eyebrows. "As of now, they've all been busy at the very least.. he doesn't seem to be stupid enough to show up at a regular haunt."

"So no clues huh?" Darui grumbled. "So what's the plan then?"

"We predict his moves and intercept him?" Chojuro suggested. "What are his motives?"

"Inomi-San?" The girl jolted up as she heard the Mizukage's concern.

He looked at her through the screen with a little sense of hope.

"... Uh..." She regained composure. "One thing for sure is that he's trying to bring back Otsutsuki Isshiki.. if he gain power from killing Hokage-Sama and other Shinobi who possesses great chakra."

"Second one is.." The Yamanaka pressed her lips into a thin line. "There's no doubt that he's feeding the ten tails to grow a Divine Tree."

"Ten tails?" Gaara repeated. "We have to fight that thing again?"

"In the worst case scenario, yes." Naruto responded. "But that's partly why we need to find Code now... To stop his plans."

"Alright we get your situation.. though.. one basic question." Darui muttered. "The Scientist Amado you've got.. can we really trust him?"

Everyone fell silent.

"I trust you, Konoha." Darui continued. "This dependance on a bastard who just until recently belonged to an enemy organization.. you sure he's not using you for his own purposes?"

Naruto looked at Inomi. As well as Shikamaru who just sighed.

"What a drag but kid... You gotta answer this one."

Inomi stared at the Nara before her eyes gazed at the Uzumaki who nodded his head.

"Personal opinions must come first but... Trusting him won't really be the word to describe this." Inomi started. "Though I've work with him for years, he shows pure intention all the time. He showed and gave us what we can to survive the battle against the Otsutsuki. There may be a slight chance that he will do it for selfish reasons but I doubt that it would even happen... Despite the fact, we haven't let out guard down."

"So as long it's not a big dog and pony show.." Kurotsuchi hummed. "Well it does seem his life is being targeted, and his intel itself, atleast, it's credible to a certain extent."