«27» ANOTHER WITHERED MIST

~
Butterflies.

Were the only creatures I've kept as my companions. Each one of them lights up like a star in the sky.

As foolish as I am— I gave a butterfly to each person I've crossed. Let's just say.. They've shown me life.

As long as the insect glows bright.. My acquaintances were safe.

Not until now.

"IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS..." Inomi sighed, looking at her paperwork. Each paper were reports of missing documents, delayed deliveries, Sudden suspicions— Everything wasn't a huge deal since she had dealt with this ever since she was a Chunin.

Now she was waiting for the letters Boruto promised. That's right — Boruto.

She only heard that the Event in Kirigakure was only held within a day. Team 7, Kawaki, and Katasuke were there.

Until she heard another report, Kagura was with them. Thankfully, He reported that he brought them to investigate about the Funato gang.

"Three days... I'm worried.." She mumbled, tapping her table aggressively and clicking her Pen.

"Dove, You should trust your Students— They've been independent lately after the Otsutsuki attacked." Sai walked in with a worried expression.

"You're a kid, Inomi. As much as you're worried about them, you should calm down aswell." He went to her desk and collected the paperwork she has done.

"But dad, I'm a Jonin— this is the path I chose... I—"

"Rest, Dove." He interrupted her and smiled softly. "You may be an elite Shinobi, but everyone deserves a rest— especially you my daughter." He kissed her forehead.

"Thanks, Dad.." She tirelessly smiled and stared at his charcoal orbs.

"Inojin has been flooded with B-Rank missions as well. Look after him if he comes tomorrow okay?" He ruffled her hair. "Keep up the Good work."

As soon as he left the door, a tear left her eye.

Her eyes widened up.

"Something doesn't feel right.."  She mumbled, her head spinning around. She then saw a shining... Object right above her.

"This is not right.. what is happening?" She mumbled again, crying until something had hit her.

~

"I DEMAND TO BE PART OF THIS MISSION, NOW." She yelled as she slammed her hands on the desk.

The Man with a Dog mask cackled, but the tension between them was getting called. "And why should I, Dove? Do you think I can easily trust you in this? I haven't even saw your face!"

"It doesn't matter how I look." She snapped at him. "Captain, this is the Funato Clan we're talking about— You know how much I've succeeded assassinating thousands of Blood lines!"

"Kirigakure is a place full of Fraud people! You know the past Captain, now they've covered it up! This clan is just taking everything for revenge!"

"Tsk, you're worried about those Genins— get another life Dove, you've been like this ever since you became Captain not long ago." He laughed and stared at her. "And why would they send Genins at the first place? They won't even need your help!"

"Your genin will be better off dead soon anyway!"

He felt someone giving him a hard slap as his mask cracked up— and his cheek stung as well. "..what did you just.."