NEW FEELINGS

RONOBEER

It has already been 6 months that we have shifted to Bombay. Life was running at its own pace. Tara was settled in her new school and Ma had made some new friends in the neighborhood.

Mishti and I were also getting to know each other. Though both of us have never touched a particular part of our lives. It was way too personal. We were connecting as friends but we're not really close. Dr. Paradhkar was always around to guide and he had become a support system not just as a mentor but as a friend.

"Where is your family?" I asked her once while having our lunch.

"Oh they are in Puna. I am here with my sister Pari. She is doing her master's degree in arts." She told.

"Oh that's great. Both of you sisters are really intelligent, I must say." I meant it. Mishti was really a brilliant doctor.

"Thank you so much." She said with a shy smile.

It was the first time I have seen her smiling from her heart and not just a fake format smile. She has a beautiful smile. I wanted to tell her to smile more often but I should not cross my line. If I was the old Rono, I would have already said that but not now.

"Hey I will be on a leave for 7 days, you will be left with double work load. I hope it's fine with you." I asked her, though even if she would have said no I would not be able to help her.

"Oh sure, why not? I will take care of your patients. Don't worry and enjoy your holiday." She said with a smile.

"Ummmm.. Sujata, my wife, uski barsi hai. Hum Calcutta ja rahe hai." I don't know why but I explained.

"Ohh!" She said with a frown. "I am so sorry I didn't know! Tara bhi jaegi. Mein uska khayal rakh sakti hu agar aap kahe to." She offered help.

"That's so sweet of you! Par Tara bhi apni jaegi wo har saal hoti hai waha. Don't worry she knows ke uski Ma Krishna Ji ke pass gayi hai, uske sare wishes pure karwane ke liye." I told her.

"Tara bohot samajdar bacchi hai na!" She had so much fondness on her eyes.

"Bohot! Tumhe bohot accha lagega us se mil kar. Jab hum vapas ayenge tab milvaunga mein us se tumhe! She is the best daughter one could have." I had this feeling that they both will bond so well.

"Ofcourse she must be the best daughter! Afterall you are the best father!" She said.

"I don't know if I am! Meri apni khaniyan hai. Bas koshish karta hu ke use kabhi Ma ki kami na mehsoos ho." I said. And I knew I had tears in my eyes. I miss Sujata at times.

"Hey! Sab thik hoga. Don't worry!" She said keeping her hand on my shoulder consoling me.

I nodded and wiped my eyes. After very long I had a friend and this feeling was really satisfying. To have someone who will take care of you and make you smile. Support you in your low and be happy in your achievements.

"What happened to your wife? If you don't mind sharing!" She asked hesitantly.

"Cholera! I always thought cholera was a poor peoples disease but.... I miss her, you know. She was nice human being. Usne mujhe nibhana sikhaya fir chahe pyar ho ya rishta ya zimmedari. Par mein ye tab sikha jab wo chali gayi." I sighed.

"Aap sikh gaye hai ye dekh kar wo bohot khush hongi. Kabhi kabhi pyaar hona zaruri hota hai sath hona nahi." She said and I could see the same loneliness in her eyes mine. I wanted to ask her about her life but I feared that I will loose a good friend. May be some other day.
-------------------

Days and months passed away and we were really good friends. I told her about what a jerk I was in my college days and she refused to believe me. She told me about her childhood and college days as well but I always thought she was hiding something, which I dare not ask.