THE COMING BACK

MISHTI

It's been more than 10 days that Rono has even looked at me!! He was upset and I was not able to pacify him, because he wasn't letting me!! He was all distant and I don't know what to do? Whenever I was trying to talk to him he either pushed me away or walked away. But atleast I was able to see his beautiful face that gave me courage to believe that this all shall pass.

I could see the fear in his eyes, the anger when Ruhaan called me Shona but.... What did I do? I even asked him not to, but Dr Paradhkar says that the matter, as sensitive as this one should not be revealed suddenly on a patient like Ruhaan, he was in a coma for a few days.

"He looks better now! Why can't we just let him go? And I will tell him that I don't want to be with him anymore, I love someone else." I asked Dr Paradhkar as I barged into his cabin.

"We can, but your col. Uncle has asked us not to! They are having a close observation on his behaviour, they have appointed a few people here jinke bare me kisi ko pata nahi hai. And also it's better for you if he stays here, nahi to wo tumhe kahega ke sath rehte hai." He said.

"Sath kyu rahungi mein uske? Aur observation kyu?" I was scared.

"He was the only one to come back from his team or whatever you guys call it, so there are speculations..." I cut him off in the middle of his sentence.

"You think he is a traitor!!!???" I gasped.

"Not me, but army does! Infact no, they just are crossing out the possibility." He said calmly.

"He can't do that, as far as I know him...." I was saying but he didn't let me finish

"Look Mishti, bure waqt me kaun kaise react karta hai hum nahi jante!! And if he is not guilty it will be proven. Tum pareshan mat ho, you already have so much on your plate!!" He said and I agreed.

It's not like I don't care about Ruhaan, but.. I just care for him on a human level, like, I care for him out of humanity, not more than that, but he doesn't understand and I don't know how to say!!!

"Pari!! I need your help!" I asked her to help me to meet that stupid man of mine, who was just behaving like an idiot.

"Bol?" She asked.

"Tara aur Kaki Ma ko ghar le kar aa. Mummy se bol ke dinner ke liye invite kare! Dr. Chatterjee is behaving over smart these days. I will show him stars, bloody he is avoiding me for so many days." I said

"Woah!!! Don't discuss your sexy scenes with me girl!" She said making face.

"I am not going to have.... Showing stars mean, pitai karungi uski..' I told Pari everything about Ruhaan and rest of the situation and she was worried too. She agreed and now I was standing at his door step.

"Ronobeer Chatterjee!!!" I screamed his name as I entered the hall.

"Boudi!! Dada to....." He was going to say he is not home

"Kaka.. jhuth mat bolo! Pata hai mujhe ander hi hai kamre me!!" I scold that poor old man.

"Chatterjee!!! Neeche aao ya mein uper aa jaungi" I screamed again but that man was so irritating at times, so I decided to go to his room.

"Ek kaam karo na Rono" I barged into his room he was standing near his bathroom, I took his hand kept it on my neck and gave a little squeeze to it "ek baar me gala ghont ke khatam kar do na kissa! Ye roz roz meri jaan lene se to aasaan hai!" I said and I couldn't control my tears anymore. I saw him after so many days.

He glided his hand from my neck to my hairs holding them into a tight fist, pulling my head behind lightly.
I closed my eyes because it did pain a bit.