KUSUM

RONOBEER

Everyone congratulated me when I entered the hospital today. Mishti has still not joined, she said she needs some more time with Tara and may be after a week or so she will join back.

I was in my room when I hear a knock on my door. I look at the time and realised it was almost lunch time and Mishti said she will come to the hospital with lunch and meet everyone as well. I asked the person to come in expecting it to be Mishti but to my surprise it was Kusum.

"Oh my God! Shona! I can't believe I am finally meeting you." Kusum ran and hugged me tightly.

"Umm Kusum! Kaisi ho?" I asked her, the old Ronobeer wouldn't have mind the hug or maybe a kiss. But as soon as she hugged me I tried to pull away.

"Meine Aaj hi join Kia hai. Sabse pehle tumse milne aai hu mein. Us din ke baad I thought tum... Tumhe goli lagi thi..." Kusum said.

"Socha toh meine bhi nahi tha ki life itni change ho jayegi us din ki wajah se." I smiled, as I remember my first meet with Mishti and her sad yet beautiful eyes.

"Ab mein wapas aa gayi hu Rono ab mein kahi nahi jaungi!" Kusum hugged me again.

"Kusum... Listen to me...."
I was going to tell her about my marriage but Mishti entered the room with our lunch. I literally pushed Kusum and walked towards Mishti, to tell the truth I was scared.

"Mishti! late ho gayi?" I asked her.

"Haan wo..." Mishti was lost looking at Kusum. I know she must have recognised her because of the picture in our college book.

"Hello! I am Kusum Ganguly. Ronobeer's friend, close friend." Kusum said extending her hand.

"Hi! Mishti, his wife!" Mishti said with so much authority in her voice. I kind of like the feeling. I think Mishti has never expressed this strong possessiveness before.

"Wife?" Kusum was surprised and she has all the rights to be. Even I was once married to Sujata, Kusum never really believed the idea of me being committed.

"Yeah! It's just been a few days, even I have rejoined today itself." I said.

"You got married...? Why would you do that?" Kusum was sounding disappointed.

"Kusum..." I wanted to say more but Mishi said
"He waited for you... He looked out for you... But when he couldn't find you... I asked if he is ready to move on and marry me.."

"And you think he will be happy with you..." Kusum sounded bitter.
Mishti looked at me helplessly.

"Why don't you join us for dinner tonight Kusum. Maybe we can talk at home, this is not the right place to talk about this..." I said.

"Yes! I am sure Tara will be really happy to see you. She really loves meeting new people." Mishti said with a smile.
Kusum left without saying anything.

"Roniee..... " She said with a cute frown.

"I am sorry Mishti. I didn't wanted this to go like this. I thought she will understand and will not react this way." I said

"It's not your fault Roniee. She obviously will react like that, she loved you l. I would have done the same." She said and I took her in my embrace.

"Why were you hugging her?" She said pushing me a little.

"I did not hug her..." I said, and she giggled.

"You brat! Kya yaar Mishti!" I said.

"Accha listen, finish up the food and please confirm if Kusum will come for dinner and what will she have." She said kissing my cheek and left.
-------------------------------------