THE JEALOUSY

RONOBEER

I was feeling like a college student and not like I was the one, but one who falls in love and is all blushing about it, the one who smiles when he thinks about the girl he is in love with, the one who starts wishing a happy future with someone.

Once Ma will be back I have to talk to her about Mish! I know Pari will approve of me, but I had no idea about her parents. I met her mother one day, when I dropped her home in the night she had to work over time because of some emergency. She was nice but every mother is worried about her children. And I know, me having a child could be a problem, but I think we were ready to face it all.

"Mummy wants me to meet Veer, she is very adamant on me saying yes to the... To the marriage." She told me one day when we were having tea in our canteen.

"Mish! Are we really having this discussion? Do you want to say yes." I was nervous.

"No Ronobeer! But... Mein kya kahu Mummy se? Kyu na kar rahi hu?" She asked.

"Are you kidding me? Tell her he forced himself on you, tell her the truth. Is that even a question? Or are you thinking about it? Mishti!!!" I said.

"I can't tell her, he is her friend's son." She said.

"Mish!!!" I warned.

"Rono!!!!" She said mimicking me.

"You anyways need to tell your mother Mishti, she needs to know. He is a loser who couldn't take rejection and tried to do something wrong. This is serious." I said, I was upset because her mother wanted to match her up with someone else. I guess I was getting possesive, this was new, before Mishti I was not ever like this.

"Hmmm, okay I will!" She finally surrendered.
-------------------------------------

It was Pari's engagement and I reached there half an hour early, I just wanted to be around Mishti for as long time as I can. But unfortunately she was busy.

"Hello young man!! You are the famous Dr. Chatterjee." An old man asked me patting my back. He had striking similarities with Mish, I realised he was her father.

"Yes sir! And if I am not wrong you are Mish's I mean Mishti's father." I bow down to touch his feet.

"Khush raho! Aur Mish accha nam hai!" He said laughing and I felt a bit embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed, wo bhi pura din Rono Rono karti rehti hai, hume to tumhara pora nam pata hi nahi hai.  Dr. Chatterjee bhi kal hi pari ne bataya." He said offering me a drink.

I accepted the drink while Mishti gave me a weird look. I mouthed 'what?' while she just rolled her eyes.

"Ronobeer Chatterjee!" A voice grabbed my attention while her father was telling me how Mishti is back to her lively self since few days.

"Jennifer! Hello Madam!" I greeted her and introduced her to uncle, he took our leave and we got busy talking.

"You look good, no change at all! Indian wear suits you." She compliments.

"You yourself are looking gorgeous in this blue!" I said politely.

"Do you want to join the ring ceremony or are you too busy?" I heard Mishti's voice which doesn't sound good.

"Yeah! Let's go! By the way......" I thought of introducing Jennifer to her but she just went away.

"She is gorgeous, isn't she? You know when we entered here Samar, there, he immediately fell for her. Good thing you know her may be you can help." She told me pointing to a man standing at the other corner of the bar 'still' staring at Mishti.