THE CLOSENESS

MISHTI

"Dr. Didi! Ami Dhoromdash! O ta Ronobeer Babu hai na unke ghar...." I received a call when I was in the hospital.

"Ha ha Kaka! Boloye na! Mujhe yaad hai aap." I replied.

"O to Ronobeer Babu hai na, oke... Mane unko to kal se bukhar aa gaya hai na! Bohot jyada hai, lekin wo kuch khara nahi aur dawai bhi nahi leta hai. Ami ki karo? Ami bujhate parachi na! Boro bou bhi ghar par nahi hi na" He said, it's just been 15 days that Kaki Ma and Tara left for Calcutta.

"Oh! Mein aati hu! Wo so raha hai na! Mein aati hu!" I asked, I was a little panicked to be honest.

"Ha Didi! Soya hai!" He said and I put down the receiver.
----------------------

I touched his forehead and it was burning with fever. He woke up at my touch. His eyes were red, face was pale.

"When did you came?" He asked almost whispering.

"Let me check the fever, why you haven't eaten anything and not taken medicines?" I asked "where is thermometer?"

"In that almirah!" He pointed towards a wooden almirah.

"Should I take it out myself?" I asked.

"Please! I can't get up, I have zero energy, and I am feeling cold." He said shifting on the bed.

I took out the thermometer and checked the fever "102" it's too high.

"Kaka!! Dudh biscuit le aaiye" I shout from the door of his room.

"I don't like doodh!" He complained.

"It's not a choice!" I said.

"Finish this up you have to take medicine and sleep..." I was going to say more but Kaka came up with milk.

"Kaka! Chicken le aaiye...." I was telling him.

"Please make stew Kaka! I want to have stew, I was craving!" He said cutting me in between.

"Hmm! To mein list deti hu wo sabzi bhi le aaiye mein banati hu!" I said.
"And you sleep now!" I ordered

"Chaliye Kaka aur saman bhi bata dijiye kaha hai." I said and leave him.
I checked a few minutes later he was sleeping, while I have started with the stew.

After almost 2 hours later I went into his room again he was up and out of bed.
"What do you think you are doing Rono? Are you a kid or what? Who made you a doctor?" I was scolding him because he was holding a towel and fresh clothes were lying on the bed.

"Hehe! I BECAME a doctor because I studied and I wanted a quick bath, I am sweating so bad Mish and I think I smell so bad.!" He said in a dramatic tone.

"Drama queen! No please Ronobeer, get back to bed. No bathing today and you will sweat, you know right, it's a good sign. Let me check your fever. Come on please." I said.

"You know what? You call me 'ronobeer' only when you want to sound serious!" He said walking towards the bathroom.

"I am serious Ronobeer, back to bed, now! Kaka is back he can help you for sponge bath and then you have to eat you lunch and I have to get back to the hospital. So, stop wasting time come." I was going to call Kaka when he said

"You help me with sponge bath!" I know I blushed, I was not awkward or anything for some reason, I was blushing my ears were getting warmer and I know they were turning red

"Come!" I said taking the towel from his hand. I did helped him with sponge bath and then getting him dressed up again in new clothes. The air in the room was heavy, I could feel myself and him breathing heavily.