HARDSHIPS

RONOBEER

We walked hand in hand to Mishti's cabin, I thought she might want to pick her bag up before leaving for home. But to my surprise she made me sit on the couch that was placed in her cabin and made herself comfortable on my lap. She was sitting such as her arm and shoulder was resting on my chest and in her palms she held my palms.

"I thought you wanted to go home!" I asked, nuzzling against her cheek.

"So where do you think I am?" She said casually.

"You are in my lap and...." I was saying something but she interrupted.

"Exactly!! I am home!" She said resting her head on my shoulder.

I suddenly was so emotional, a warm feeling filled me in. A moment ago I was worried for her but now I could see her relax and this gave me peace.

"Kya hua hai meri jaan? Kyu gayi akele baat karne tum? hume pata tha na wo kaise react karega, fir bhi." I asked.

"You know na Rono, it's not that simple! Hume use jaldi batana padega! It's not only for our love but we will have to settle things on legal levels. You know that right!" She said.
"Wo itni easily agree nahi karega! Hume kuch to karna padega na! Sir ne kaha sab thik hai, we can talk! I just didn't want to waste time in thinking ab kare tab kare! Gharwale keh rahe hai Diwali ke baad shadi! It's hardly a month and a few days more! If he doesn't agree then! We can elope and get married and come back to take Tara and Ma along with us......"

"Shh, shhh, shh! Bas! Thik hai, bas! Abhi pehle rashes hi gaye nahi hai." I said lightly stroking her back to comfort her.

"Nahi Roniee! Thik nahi hai! Ek to hum gharwalo ko involve nahi kar rahe, aur Ruhaan bhi bakwas kiye ja raha hai. Man kar raha tha ek thappad lagau. Par uski bhi galti nahi hai na, use to kuch bhi pata nahi tha." For a second I thought she would ask me to forget her, but then I remember how furious she was the last time I thought something like that.

"Rono mein nahi reh sakti tumhare bina! Mar jaungi yaar! Mujhe pata hi nahi chala itna pyaar kaise ho gaya." She looked scared; scared of loosing me! What did I do to deserve this! A tear filled my eye.

"Kya hua Rono?" She cupped my face "tum mat daro Shona! Mein hu na sab thik kar dungi! Mein baat karungi na Ruhaan se, I will beg him to agree for the divorce and we will soon be together.." she was consoling me and that made me laugh.

"Mujhe pata hai meri super man! Tum sab thik kar deti ho humesha! But I think ghar par batana padega, procedure me agar time laga to...." I suggested.

"Hmmm ghar par bata dete hai, lekin procedure me time nahi lagega! Accha accha bolo Naa!" She scold me.

"Okay mere bachcho ki Ma!! Mish tumne realise kia tumne kaha ke tum mujhe pyaar karti ho!" I smiled.

"Nahi! Maine aisa kuch nahi kaha hai!" She pinches my arm.

"Kaha to!!" I smiled again. "Par chalo thik hai, mein sirf date yaad rakh leta hu jab ye sari pasoori solve ho jayegi, us din puchunga."

"Promise is din se pehle kuch nahi!" She asked and I nodded positively.

"Rono!! I love you!" She said "lekin you promised kuch nahi puchoge aur bologe!" She giggled.

"I love you too meri jaan!" I hugged her tight.
---------------------------

After we have discussed the matter with our parents over a dinner, they all agreed to wait till the legal procedures are done. They wanted to talk to Ruhaan but Mish and me convinced them to wait and let us talk to him first. It was not his fault afterall, it was just life that happens to everyone.